Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Some idiotic used car dealership around here is advertising an RX-8 as "good on gas". What.

OK, I just had the thought that I want a vespa for putting around Munich. Since the Golf is mainly just in the suburbs, and not here with me in the city, a Vespa might be nice and cheap to get to the uni when I can't be arsed to bike.

Or, basically any 50cc moped, but a Vespa would be so much more stylish.

Am I being stupid here? I think I might even just open a thread about this.

Some idiotic used car dealership around here is advertising an RX-8 as "good on gas". What.

In America, "good on gas" means that the car is treating the gas good, by using more and more of it.

So, something pretty funny happened to me just now.

I was at the mall, walking back to my car, when I hear someone honking their horn. It turns out, a guy in a Flying Spur had cut off some other guy who honked at him, and the Bentley got mad and just stopped right where he was, which led the guy behind him to honk some more.

So the Bentley finally starts moving again, turns into a tight row of parking spots and totally scrapes the right side of the car on some tall curbs.

I don't know why, but I got a kick out of it. Serves him right for cutting someone off and then getting pissed off for no reason. I saw him getting out to check his shiny chrome wheels, which I'm guessing must have been very scratched (I heard the grinding like 50 feet away). He looked pretty upset. :D

I have an even worse story than yours.
It happened about 2 years ago.
I was driving through town (in Bulgaria) in a one way street. All of a sudden a Mercedes S600 comes driving towards me, so we both stop. He starts honking at me, to move out of the way (despite the fact that he is going the wrong way). Needless to say, the Merc-guy was a member of "the mob" (yeah we have those). Unfortunatelly, I couldn't back out even if I wanted to - there were 3 other cars behind me, all waiting for the guy with the Merc to move.
Do you know what he did? He stepped out of the car and walked into the nearest restaurant, thus parking in the middle of the street.
We all had to back out. 500 feet later, I saw a police car, stopped next to them and told them what happened. They were not interested at all.
Bulgarian corruption - nothing can beat it.

A few years ago, it was raining and I saw a guy an a Chrysler 300M cut off another guy in a Fiat Uno, with a "move over because I am much bigger and more expensive" attitude. They both stopped side by side in the next stoplight, where the 300M stalled with no signs that it was gonna start any soon. The Uno owner put his head out of the window and yells "Mine still works!" :lol:

OK, I just had the thought that I want a vespa for putting around Munich. Since the Golf is mainly just in the suburbs, and not here with me in the city, a Vespa might be nice and cheap to get to the uni when I can't be arsed to bike.

Or, basically any 50cc moped, but a Vespa would be so much more stylish.

Am I being stupid here? I think I might even just open a thread about this.

We do have the General Motorcycle Thread for that. :D

ah yes, I didn't see the size of the engine in the original post.

now thinking out loud, what if they put the supercharger from the Vette onto the 7.4 engine? :drool:

Because LS7-based engines don't usually play nice with forced induction. The cylinder walls are too thin.

BMW's ///M engines aren't much different in that respect. They are trying to keep weight down. Boost + M5 = trashed engine.

Making assumptions FTL. :lol:

And what's its capacity? 7L?

Sorry for the dull argument :p

That hardly matters, I'm sure the LS7 weighs less than the BMW V10 and it produces more torque as well.

The LS7 also breaks less than the M5 V10 and has a LOT more NA power in reserve if you want to play with things like cams, exhausts, and intakes.

That hardly matters, I'm sure the LS7 weighs less than the BMW V10 and it produces more torque as well.

It's nearly 100lbs lighter and significantly less expensive to build :lol:

Making engines to a budget ftw. <_<

Huh? They took the LS block to it's maximum designed capacity, it was always intended to have reduced capacity if run on boost. They did the same with the northstar engines and why the supercharged engines are 4.4 vs 4.6l for the N/a

For anyone who cares, this is what GM got me to pay $40 for:

IMG_2038.JPG

Nice racket, huh?

And what's its capacity? 7L?

Sorry for the dull argument :p

HP per Liter is a useless measurement, it tells you nothing about weight, size, or fuel economy. It is only used by Europeans because they could never beat the US in HP per pound.

Let the flames begin.