Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Eh, nobody's suing anybody, this is just for our own personal pack of pea-brained poodle pups*.

I see you've never heard of the tender mercies of the CA "animal cruelty" folks (think PETA on steroids and angel dust) and the veterinary reporting laws there...

That's one I think I should have kept. The friend I sold it to drove it for awhile, then sold it. Some dumb kid got it and ruined it last I'd heard.
I TOLD YOU

I TOLD YOU

You say that like it’s a bad thing, at least we’re not talking about fox body mustangs! :D

If he was, we’d have to reinstate this as @CraigB’s signature.

Attachments

• A8A9BE27-E6A1-4399-B535-1E4E41DC36AA.jpeg
    A8A9BE27-E6A1-4399-B535-1E4E41DC36AA.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 79
OHfyPz2.jpg

womp womps in grey poupon

There are 2 days of the week when everybody is available to run day-long errands without difficulty.

They are Saturday and Sunday.

WHY THE SHIT ARE CAR DEALERSHIPS NOT OPEN ON SUNDAY? Sure, you aren't going to close any financing deals, but the same applies to Saturday afternoon, too.

PJaCtVnm.jpg

There are 2 days of the week when everybody is available to run day-long errands without difficulty.

WHY THE SHIT ARE CAR DEALERSHIPS NOT OPEN ON SUNDAY? Sure, you aren't going to close any financing deals, but the same applies to Saturday afternoon, too.
What fucking bumfuck nowhere do you live at? Every single dealer I ever tried was open on Sundays... Including getting approved for loans and shit.

In Texas it's because Jebus. Old blue laws on the books prohibit dealers being open both weekend days, so most all dealerships here close on Sunday.

Probably similar reasons in other states.

What fucking bumfuck nowhere do you live at? Every single dealer I ever tried was open on Sundays... Including getting approved for loans and shit.

Where the hell do you live? I’ve never seen a dealer open on Sunday. I did however buy my mustang on Labor Day back in 2013. ?

Most dealers around Motor City are closed Sundays. There are a few that are open, but the service departments are closed, which is perfect for most people. I only know of one Nissan dealer that has every department open on Sundays.

This applies both to Maryland (so just about as civilized as you're going to get on the east coast outside New England) and Pennsylvania (may as well be Kansas). California (where the actual buying will take place, unless there's some sort of smoking east coast deal that justifies me roadtripping an trip-permitted car) seems unaffected, but I ain't there this week.

I literally just need to crawl through CUVs with a tape measure and clipboard. I don't need no damn finance office!

... I may as well explain my absurdly complicated living arrangements these days.

I live where I always have, on the family estate with the gigantic garage/workshop. I still work in Pennsylvania, because I'm still an idiot. Still commute 80 miles each way.

In addition, my fiancee, originally from California, owns a small chain of boutique (i.e. 'wealthy middle aged women are our preferred clientele') dog grooming shops in the LA area. When she relocated to Maryland with me, the move was fairly hasty and the person left in charge of said business... Wasn't entirely prepared for management, and definitely wasn't prepared for the pointy end of those particular customers.

(No, selling the business and starting over doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons, mostly related to 'debt load too high for saleable assets' and 'businesses in this industry have literally zero saleable value beyond assets, because client lists tend to follow staff')

So she has gone back for awhile to stabilize that situation, unruffle some feathers, etc. The overarching plan is for me to spend ~6.5 weeks east, 1.5 week west for the duration. In the mean time, I'm going to do some work on the house, etc.

And to make matters worse I'm now getting intermittent P0420s on the BRZ. May be coming up on catalyst lifetime...