Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
The VW ID.3 is rear engined and rear drive. I’m guessing the Skoda Enyaq is too, I haven’t checked but I’m assuming it’s using the exact same bits.

I just realized this is VW (and to a lesser extent Skoda) going back to their roots.

EyeMWing

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Odds sods and turbos
The VW ID.3 is rear engined and rear drive. I’m guessing the Skoda Enyaq is too, I haven’t checked but I’m assuming it’s using the exact same bits.

I just realized this is VW (and to a lesser extent Skoda) going back to their roots.
"The ID.3 comes with a motor mounted just ahead of the rear axle and a single-speed transmission."

Sounds more mid engine to me.

Perc

Car(s)
"Just a head of the rear axle" still means it's in the back of the car. :dunno: It's not in the front after all.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
IIRC the id3 will be rwd only while the enyaq will get rwd + awd as an option.

Also, Skoda, stop forcing a Q into every model name, it's stupid. Citroën did it with the letter X (Xsara, Xantia etc) and it sucked back then.

If you really want to drive the point home, call the brand Sqoda and be done with it

Perc

Car(s)
Yes there will be an SUV called ID.4 (iirc) that's more of a direct competitor to the Enyaq. The ID.4 will have AWD, I'm sure.

And the Q is Skoda's thing they do for SUV's.

Perc

Car(s)
Suzuki calls their new range of turbocharged motors BOOSTERJET. Not necessarily in all caps, that's just me thinking it's fitting.

The name makes me think of something like this:

View attachment 3558381
Fast forward a couple of weeks and mom bought one. A Vitara with a 1-liter 3-cylinder Boosterjet. It sounds absolutely fantastic and makes you think you’re going a lot faster than you actually are. 😄

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
Fast forward a couple of weeks and mom bought one. A Vitara with a 1-liter 3-cylinder Boosterjet. It sounds absolutely fantastic and makes you think you’re going a lot faster than you actually are. 😄
Does it make squirrel mincing noises like my Smart did?

Last edited: