Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The VW ID.3 is rear engined and rear drive. I’m guessing the Skoda Enyaq is too, I haven’t checked but I’m assuming it’s using the exact same bits.

I just realized this is VW (and to a lesser extent Skoda) going back to their roots.

So this means a Type 3 is coming, excellent. <3

The VW ID.3 is rear engined and rear drive. I’m guessing the Skoda Enyaq is too, I haven’t checked but I’m assuming it’s using the exact same bits.

I just realized this is VW (and to a lesser extent Skoda) going back to their roots.
"The ID.3 comes with a motor mounted just ahead of the rear axle and a single-speed transmission."

Sounds more mid engine to me.

"Just a head of the rear axle" still means it's in the back of the car. :dunno: It's not in the front after all.

IIRC the id3 will be rwd only while the enyaq will get rwd + awd as an option.

Also, Skoda, stop forcing a Q into every model name, it's stupid. Citroën did it with the letter X (Xsara, Xantia etc) and it sucked back then.

If you really want to drive the point home, call the brand Sqoda and be done with it

Yes there will be an SUV called ID.4 (iirc) that's more of a direct competitor to the Enyaq. The ID.4 will have AWD, I'm sure.

And the Q is Skoda's thing they do for SUV's.

Suzuki calls their new range of turbocharged motors BOOSTERJET. Not necessarily in all caps, that's just me thinking it's fitting.

The name makes me think of something like this:

View attachment 3558381

Fast forward a couple of weeks and mom bought one. A Vitara with a 1-liter 3-cylinder Boosterjet. It sounds absolutely fantastic and makes you think you’re going a lot faster than you actually are. ?

Sounds like fun!

Fast forward a couple of weeks and mom bought one. A Vitara with a 1-liter 3-cylinder Boosterjet. It sounds absolutely fantastic and makes you think you’re going a lot faster than you actually are. ?

Does it make squirrel mincing noises like my Smart did?

Last edited:
I'm holding out for the 2022 model that comes standard with HorsePlay/AndroidBuggy and wireless charging.

Point of order: The peak instantaneous output of a horse is like 8 horsepower.
1 horsepower is derived from the continuous average you'd get over a day of changing out horses you're using to drive a shaft 24/7 - so the horses are working at the pace they can sustain and there are momentary dead spots where total output drops because a horse is being exchanged on the fly.

Where does the turbo charger go?

Point of order: The peak instantaneous output of a horse is like 8 horsepower.
1 horsepower is derived from the continuous average you'd get over a day of changing out horses you're using to drive a shaft 24/7 - so the horses are working at the pace they can sustain and there are momentary dead spots where total output drops because a horse is being exchanged on the fly.

:p

Salutations, bitches.

I’m in deep shit with my wife, who caught me cheating......
.. on the SRT 392, with a bunch of German (car) models, no less!

Who’s ready for a new round of road test reviews?

(Ok, there was also a Korean in there. I’m such a slut)

My friend keeps telling me that "motorcycles allow you to be promiscuous" - I guess the same is true for cars.

Holy shit, it's @JimCorrigan ! Long time no see, I hope you're doing well?
And I'd love to read about your vehicular indiscretions. :D
I'll definitely write something up as soon as I have a moment. Good thing I kept my notes!

But for now, I'll say this:

B8.5 RS5
B9 S5
RS3
Arteon
Stinger GT AWD

Feel free to guess what I thought of them.

My friend keeps telling me that "motorcycles allow you to be promiscuous" - I guess the same is true for cars.
Damn skippy.

Last edited:
Alright, little over a year and nearly 29,000mi (close to 50,000kms) the Alltrack has had it's first "hmm, this is too new to have this problem" issue.

I went to a service call this morning and then had to leave and get parts. This one on ramp I'm very familiar with I like to take at more brisk speeds than most sane people would because it's fun. After the road straightens out, I get "coolant level low, please refer to the service manual" warning. So I immediately pull over as there's a large shoulder before the toll booths to the highway. Shut the car off, and pop the hood to find the overflow bottle showing about 1/2 inch below the lower limit. because I was above the inlet tube for overflow, I decided that no air should be in the system and that my brisk ramp driving might have caused a freak out. Turned the car on and drove back to the office 30 minutes away. The alarm never came back but as a precaution, I swapped out cars and have scheduled a service at the nearby VW dealer. Dipstick and oil cap look fine with oil, no white stuff or anything creamy looking. I didn't see any dampness around the intake manifold either.

It's a 1.8L...

Currently driving the 108,000 mi 2017 jetta with a 1.4L. boo.

EDIT

It would seem I found a stray fastener by way of rolling over one at the nut/built factory I was at. It’s bad enough I was only in the office for 2 hours when I got back and when I left for the day, it was flat. Since I didn’t want to deal with that at 4:30PM, I chose to dump that in the warehouse and call on an old acquaintance, the last Jeep Patriot in the fleet. I left my house keys in one of the other cars so I had to go to moms and get the spare key.

Last edited: