Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That is impressive in a very sad way. I don’t drive as much as I used to either, but still like 1k a month.

How did you manage to go so long without refueling? I still need to go to the shops, drive the kids around, etc....
I don't have children to drive around. :p

And the supermarket is a five kilometre round trip. Even shorter by bike/on foot.

I haven't refueled a car since July.

I don't think I have put any diesel in the bobtail since October or something, although that wasn't uncommon anyway. How long does it take for modern diesel to go bad? I have a couple of spare fuel filters if I need them...

I don't think I have put any diesel in the bobtail since October or something, although that wasn't uncommon anyway. How long does it take for modern diesel to go bad? I have a couple of spare fuel filters if I need them...

1615987968935.png

Car developed a water leak. Was driving in the rain, and noticed the headliner was looking wet around the dome light/sunroof switch/sunglasses holder area. Took a right turn, and a small/short stream of water drizzled out onto my arm. Either a sunroof seal leak, or the top of the windshield, which I just had replaced last fall...

Where's the antenna on those? My 405 has a leaking seal to the antenna which is directly above the dome light, so it can collect water. The dome light also houses the remote key components and ... some cars have apparently caught fire because of water in the dome light ...

some cars have apparently caught fire because of water in the dome light ...
Some say it was an improvement over the dim dome light bulb. :|

Okay. So about that enormous mistake I was talking about a couple pages ago. It seems like it's going to happen. It's going to cost me a ton of money compared to my usual faire, but all indications are it's going to happen and it's going to be impossibly cool, and I'm going to be utterly insufferable about it THE WHOLE TIME.

And I'm not going to say what it is.

Just these two hints:
- Dual range gearbox.
- Air suspension.

Just these two hints:
- Dual range gearbox.
- Air suspension.
Oh no. It isn't, is it? Surely not one of those money pits? :LOL:

Okay. So about that enormous mistake I was talking about a couple pages ago. It seems like it's going to happen. It's going to cost me a ton of money compared to my usual faire, but all indications are it's going to happen and it's going to be impossibly cool, and I'm going to be utterly insufferable about it THE WHOLE TIME.

And I'm not going to say what it is.

Just these two hints:
- Dual range gearbox.
- Air suspension.

You are buying a large straight truck or a semi.

What is the prize? lol

If @Matt2000 knows, I have a pretty good idea what it is. :)

I'm actually quite curious what specific money pit you have in mind. Because 'air suspension' in general sorta implies it.
Well with my brand loyalty I go straight to the big daddy of wafting, hunting small animals and shouting at peasants. I suppose the second generation is the real money pit but anything from 2001-2012 is also a brave choice.

Edit: I hadn’t considered something bigger, I think I’m probably wrong now.

Last edited: