Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

This guy parked, jumped out and went into the store. Left the car “running” with a person in the passenger seat. Didn’t plug in.

Imagine the shitstorm if I had done the same thing with my diesel car and Mr. Tesla had pulled in wanting to use the charger.
E92E43C5-3A86-4460-9B8E-34DB17CB7EE9.jpeg

As always, there's assholes on all sides :| At least it wasn't someone with a cargo bike or something, otherwise we'd have a whole other argument going lol

This guy parked, jumped out and went into the store. Left the car “running” with a person in the passenger seat. Didn’t plug in.

Imagine the shitstorm if I had done the same thing with my diesel car and Mr. Tesla had pulled in wanting to use the charger.
The same person that uses the pay-at-pump at the petrol station, puts £5 in and then fucks off to do their monthly grocery run in the tiny shop bit.

The same person that uses the pay-at-pump at the petrol station, puts £5 in and then fucks off to do their monthly grocery run in the tiny shop bit.
Oh, no...don't even pump anything. The limo drivers do that all the time here. They go in to have a cup of coffee at the little cafe area on the side, and they park their cars AT the pumps, blocking multiple pumps, never actually buying any gas.

Last edited:

You may not have seen my post in the 'Things that annoy me' thread last week, but it's relevant. This was a Tescos.

I found myself waiting behind a car at a fuel station. Not unusual. People dump their cars at the pump and go to pay inside the shop, despite having parking spaces they can move into. Some people do their fucking weekly shop in there.

It took me a few minutes to notice the sign that said 'pay at pump only' on the pump I was waiting to use. Fine for me as that's all I ever do but where had the driver of this car gone? Just left it at the pump while they did their shopping?! Then she came out, without any shopping! What the fuck was going on there?

1639073631283.png

Electric 3 series, called i3, for Chinese market. Honestly, this, as a wagon, would probably sell like crazy in EU - but ofc they’re not gonna sell it here, morons. :hammer:

There are spy shots of a car like this all over the internet, I don't see why they wouldn't sell an EV 3 Series in Europe. I even think it looks fine, the front end reminds me of the E60 M5. Heads will explode if they try and call it the i3 though because the bone headedly already used that name. :p

Anyway I just checked my email spam box and the email from Tesla about the Model Y being available in the UK was automatically flagged as spam. :ROFLMAO:

Electric 3 series, called i3, for Chinese market. Honestly, this, as a wagon, would probably sell like crazy in EU - but ofc they’re not gonna sell it here, morons. :hammer:
Not a crossover/SUV, no pig nose grille to show you're a very important person, 0/10 would not sell in UK.

I miss cars...

Not a crossover/SUV, no pig nose grille to show you're a very important person, 0/10 would not sell in UK.

I miss cars...

The Chinese way of showing you're a very important person is having an "L" on the back of your otherwise normal sedan. You could just get an A6 and achieve the same thing, but that's not how it works apparently. And obviously there's an A6L too.

It's how the modern-day Skoda Superb started. VW China commissioned a LWB Passat and someone decided to bring it home and turn it into a Skoda.

YTo2OntzOjI6ImlkIjtpOjEyNjM5NTc7czoxOiJ3IjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJoIjtpOjMyMDA7czoxOiJjIjtpOjA7czoxOiJzIjtpOjA7czoxOiJrIjtzOjQwOiJiNjI0ZGNlYWMwZGFlYjE5ZWQzYWIyN2MwN2E5MmM2OGQzOGY0MzczIjt9

Funny to see 48V badges on the front wings of Hyundai MHEVs. Back in the day, 16V used to be bragging rights.

Funny to see 48V badges on the front wings of Hyundai MHEVs. Back in the day, 16V used to be bragging rights.
It's a Golf Cart! 36V is standard and 48V means you mean business.

Aren't the newer Club Cars 48V from the factory?
*shrug*

I just remember when I had my grandparents golf cart that it was a 36V and the popular upgrade was to go 48V and higher capacity controller.