Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Tram

Ring, ring!
The new Prius is one of those very few new cars that I first saw press release pictures of, thought: "wow, this actually looks good", took a look at the same pictures following day and didn't completely change my opinion. I'm yet to see one in person, obviously, but I've got to admit, I'm into its design. Looks way less cluttered than the old one, I'd even say it looks elegant and coherent, but at the same time it manages to keep a purposeful design and the 'Priusness' of it. And it looks Japanese enough.

I have a feeling Toyota's design department(s) have been doing something right lately. IMHO, it all started with the current Corolla, which is outdated by now and a bit plain, but a move in the right direction from the previous one, which just looked cheap. The Yaris isn't 100% my cup of tea, but it's instantly recognizable and I've got to admire that. The GR86 looks like a more mature, coherent version of the GT86. Okay, the Supra has way too much going on design-wise, but it's still recognizable.

public

Captain Slow Charging
Car(s)
Atomic toaster
Yeah! For years Toyota's design was hugely misguided and produced the most terrible looking designs. They got it right just recently.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
Not sure whether to put this here or somewhere else…
Last week we rented a transporter to do half of our moving house early - basically anything we could do without. On a Saturday. Only place left who has anything was enterprise, so there we were and we even got a free upgrade to a bigger transporter (with a box and lift). Price was reasonable.
Tried booking same again for next Saturday. 2.5x the price despite the fact that everyone still has transporters available. Ended up booking with sixt, because they were only like 1.7x the price of last week. Wtf? Is that Just their algo going “last weekend of the month, transporter price go up” regardless of actual demand? Seems stupid.

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
Last week we rented a transporter to do half of our moving house early - basically anything we could do without. On a Saturday. Only place left who has anything was enterprise, so there we were and we even got a free upgrade to a bigger transporter (with a box and lift). Price was reasonable.
Tried booking same again for next Saturday. 2.5x the price despite the fact that everyone still has transporters available. Ended up booking with sixt, because they were only like 1.7x the price of last week. Wtf? Is that Just their algo going “last weekend of the month, transporter price go up” regardless of actual demand? Seems stupid.

Well...I would have said that this week would be more expensive because of higher demand as people often time moves and projects for holiday weeks, and this week is Thanksgiving...but then I looked left.

EyeMWing

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Subarus and shit
Blame landlords and their 'rent is due on the first of the month' bullshit

GRtak

Forum Addict
A performance subscription for Mercedes.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
HACK THE PLANET!