• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Why compete with yourself?

Because there are still people that have fond memories of their Kadett and will buy a new Astra, but won't buy a Citroën because their neighbor's dog trimmer's nephew had a BX that had an LHM leak once.

But yes this is British Leyland 2.0.

I would genuinely choose an Alfa Romeo design* over an Opel, Citroen or Peugeot design if all other things were equal.

*Not the Alfa Junior, it's fugly.

Last edited:
Indeed, Yugo was built like an Eastern European tank.

Then we got the rust prone version made of fail in the USA. Or do you mean Russian tank?

Yeah, built like a Russian tank. To not exactly narrow tolerances and out of dubious steel. :D

Because there are still people that have fond memories of their Kadett and will buy a new Astra, but won't buy a Citroën because their neighbor's dog trimmer's nephew had a BX that had an LHM leak once.

But yes this is British Leyland 2.0.

Please. Pan-European Leyland; this is the global village after all

It should be a Roadster, but I'll forgive them because there aren't any Roadsters in the US. :p

A Ferrari F40 just crashed into a sheep in Iceland, front left corner is smashed 😭

A Ferrari F40 just crashed into a sheep in Iceland, front left corner is smashed 😭
Thats worthy of this thread title. 🤣

More importantly: how is the sheep?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1718884897600__01.jpg
    FB_IMG_1718884897600__01.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 23
Thats about as random as it gets.
More important question : what is an F40 doing on an island with only 2 roads (IIRC) when all of them have a 100 kph limit?

Thats about as random as it gets.
More important question : what is an F40 doing on an island with only 2 roads (IIRC) when all of them have a 100 kph limit?
*90 kph.

Every year or every other year, super rich people from mainland Europe do a road trip in Iceland.

They hire a few trucks with car trailers that come a few days before them and trailer them home again.

I would guess what they are not doing is sticking to the speed limit. :p

A roadtrip around Iceland sounds fun, it would be like driving the length of Norway but with volcanoes and you go round in a circle instead of having to do the same enormous journey back across the country. I enjoyed my time in the early winter.

Edit: Going around Route 1 and the extended loop of dirt sections sounds like something Ed March should do with his mini Jeep.

Last edited:
I knew about the Toyota GR86 but I honestly had no idea that the sister Subaru BRZ still existed and was updated with the Toyota.

Obviously it's great to have more of that car being produced, I'm not much of a fan of the nose though. While the GR86 has a bit of a shocked Pikachu face and the Miata grin isn't for everyone one, I'm not sure I'm sold on the creepy smiling squirrel catfish look of the BRZ.

1719267557141.png

Last edited:
Just saw my first IRL kia ev9 and it somehow, despite looking absolute massive in pictures, still follows the same effect as the EV6: it's even bigger IRL than in pictures. what a tank, oof.

It's probably makes a great Range Rover equivalent, if you aren't a badge snob*. It's 1cm narrower and a few cm shorter than a full sized RR, so I can't complain about the size. I would still prefer a smaller car though. The EV3 seems better, it's smaller in footprint than the EV6.

*With Kia's current badge design you could fool people into thinking KN was a luxury brand they hadn't heard of.