Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

$150 worth of exhaust pipe. Hole was too big to weld a beer can over (even a tall can). Ugh. Stupid rust.

$150 worth of exhaust pipe. Hole was too big to weld a beer can over (even a tall can). Ugh. Stupid rust.

Hope you use stainless. Or you'll be rusting again.

The exhaust of the previous 323 rusted through just before the muffler a couple of winters ago. It caused me to engine brake a lot. :lol:

Hope you use stainless. Or you'll be rusting again.

A standard steel exhaust with good aluminum&silicone based paint on it will last for well over 10 years, I don't really see the point in going stainless on a car like his. :)

A friend's 2006 Audi A4 quattro doesn't start.

It's indoors.

I'm :lol: ing.

I :lol:ed when i saw 3 cars and a bus parked by the road with hazards on... well the lol part was that 2 of those were chevrolets, previously known as daewoos...

Morgan had its best ever sales in 2009.

I love Morgan to bits, so can't be happier. It's still bizarre that Morgan is one of the UK's biggest home-owned car manufacturers.

Oddly enough, they also may be one of the few manufacturers to have done well this year.

Last edited:
My DRL:s didn't work on Sunday. They seem to have fixed themselves as the weather got a bit warmer and they work fine now.

Also, a red Ford/Mercury Capri scale model had mysteriously appeared on my desk.

Did it teleport there from the future? Is it's appearance related to two blue and pink horses?

A standard steel exhaust with good aluminum&silicone based paint on it will last for well over 10 years, I don't really see the point in going stainless on a car like his. :)

Neither did I, considering I only intend to have the thing 1 more winter anyway.

The preferred breeding ground of spiders is the Japanese motorcycle tach. Isn't nature neat?

The preferred breeding ground of spiders is the Japanese motorcycle tach. Isn't nature neat?

Well duh. There is a reason why Japanese motorcycle tachs grow on trees.

The Punto was really tired. "I have made a full crank rotation now, ok? Leave me alone!"

"Wait this isn't sunny Italy and I'm not being rubbed up against by hot Italian women? Why is that man wearing a helmet with horns? What is this cold? Fuck this."

//Yes I assume everyone in Scandinavia wears horned helmets and bears axes at all times.

Last edited: