Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

"Wait this isn't sunny Italy and I'm not being rubbed up against by hot Italian women? Why is that man wearing a helmet with horns? What is this cold? Fuck this."

//Yes I assume everyone in Scandinavia wears horned helmets and bears axes at all times.

We only wear the axes on weekends.

Axe has been changed into a body spray for convenience.

Going to go check out another Mazda Forte, to see if the earlier one was just a bad example.

In addition to the usual tire-kicking I do with frankiess, I've been looking for a useable, reasonably-priced car for a friend. And instead of the Japanese sedans I've recommended, he's buying a 1999 Volvo V70 103kw from his dad. The Volvo is a guzzling clunker, has needed a considerable amount of repairs during the past couple of years, and I'd really rather get a completely different car that doesn't look anything like a 1999 Volvo V70 if I were him, but it's his 5ke and he does what he sees fit I guess.

Good thing about V70's is that you can transport a whole bunch of dead russian prostitutes in them and still have room for four passengers!

Good thing about V70's is that you can transport a whole bunch of dead russian prostitutes in them and still have room for four passengers!

If you want to have 5 passengers and even more dead prostitutes, go for the 940 estate! :p

Do these actually look good or am I just insane ? Now for the record I usually dislike these dish/plate style rims...a lot. To me they always look just like huge hubcaps.

Audi%20A8%20D3%2019%202.JPG

Audi%20A8%20D3%2019%201.JPG

I ask you because eventually I need to find a set of rims for the summer and I have *the* hardest time deciding what kind of wheels I want. I have almost set my sights on a set of 19", one size bigger than my current ones. Any ideas, input, photoshops are welcome.

For comparisons sake, here is what I have now, 18" stockrims, stock suspension:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/br/brothermichael/2009/11/29/PB290335.JPG
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/br/brothermichael/2009/11/29/PB290330.JPG

Now I don't want to lose the "imposing" look of the car: it is a huge, black executive sedan afterall - I want it to look what way, so nothing too ricey/racey/blingy. I know you guys are bored to death anyway and like to roam around the internet looking for car stuff...soooo...

....help !!

Last edited:
Do these actually look good or am I just insande ?

Maybe it's just because I keep seeing them in Audi's own photos, but I like them too. Personally, I think big, thick spokes are a must-have on a big sedan's wheels; thin spokes give the wheels a fragile look that clash with the rest of the car. For some reason, I gravitate towards five-spoke wheels, and my summer and winter wheels both have that style. The exact wheel style depends on the car though. AMG monoblocks, for example, would look crappy on my car and probably weird on yours. I'd go with those newer A8 19s if you can find them.

^ Those wheels you have pictured (on the not your car one) do look good. However normally I would say no as they are put on Golfs, so don't fit. But as long as you don't go too big, leaving plenty of sidewall (as shown) then they will work. My point is don't do this:

Golf_To_Bolf_New_Rimsnew.jpg

If that is a nuclear power plant, all that is is steam. What would need to be shown is that hot water being spewed into the water source with fish dying because of the screwing up of that ecosystem.

It's not nuclear, those are smoke stacks- not cooling towers.

I saw a Volvo P1800 at my university today, and noticed an Abarth badge on the front left fender.
A quick search, however, didn't reveal any connection between Abarth and the P1800... halp? :blink:

Someone decided to smack an Abarth badge on it.