Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

is that...A 205 GTI?
teeb, Pack your shit, We're going to england

Last edited:
is that...A 205 GTI?
teeb, Pack your shit, We're going to england

Blue, above the green Espace? It's a 205. I can't tell if it's a GTi or not.

edit - shiiiiiiit, spotted it now. Up and right from the Freelander. It is as well. Want.

Also, who the hell trades in a taxi for scrappage? :/

Last edited:
http://img708.imageshack.**/img708/6624/hereitis.jpg

Last edited:
No prob. Vertical door handle thingy means it's a 106, 205:s had regular doorhandles.

Still desirable.

Keeping in mind that this is only a small part of the cars there, I wouldn't find it surprising if there are another lot of interesting cars.

Speaking of Peugeots, despite the fact it's just been a long weekend, and they were really busy today, the crash repairer my mum has used every time her car has been hit by douchebags who can't park properly in supermarket carparks was able to take the 306 in and fix it's wayward rear bumper. I followed her into town this morning in my car, took her home, went to lunch with friends, then she rang to say it was all ready while I was out trawling junk shops (because I got bored today for some reason). They had it good as new again in just a couple of hours or so. Good to know there are still businesses out there who take good care of their regular customers no matter how busy they are.
Huge props to them. :thumbup:

:cry::cry:
What a waste. I'm happy that the dealer guy respects it though.

I'm sure the owner will enjoy their Kia.

A quick note about the Motor industry. I believe it is picking up quite quickly. Or rather the whole economy is building up again nicely, and the motor industry is gaining from this. The number plate system we have in the UK means that every March and September the first, a new registration 'number' is released, therefore almost every new car is bought during those times. My observation in this is that there have been a LOT more '10' plates on the roads (which were registered on or after 01/03/10) than there are plates between '08' and '59' (01/03/08 - 01/09/09), i.e. in the economic downturn. Interesting to see a very obvious change when out and about.

On an unrelated note, the Lolvo got a puncturefail today. Bloody potholes; or rather trenches by the side of the road.
10fduaa.jpg

?100 for a new one of those. Oh goody.

It also gave us a large scare on the way back when the front left corner sounded like it was scraping on something. No bits of metal hanging down, so I suspect it was the brakes rubbing, though it stopped after a bit, so I now suspect it was a small stone stuck between the disc and the pad. Never heard of that happening before...

Last edited:
Guys, I'll be on vacation from this weekend on for 2 weeks, and I'll go to Germany for the first time, know the country a little and visit some friends in the Frankfurt area. For n reasons, we'll probably go by car, albeit a subcompact thing. So, my question is: can you Germans and others used to the autobahns give me some basic 'do or do not do' advice? I'm quite comfortable driving in French roads already, so I guess I already have a glimpse of what 'civilized' driving is. However, even if I know I can't (and shoudn't try to) break any speed records, I'm really unaware of what makes a section unlimited, for example or what would be the advisable lane in my little slow econobox, shall the road offer more than 2 of them (yes I know, the left one is for really fast cars or overtakings only).

Always drive really really slowly in the left lane and never use your indicators and you're good to go.

Never meet your heroes :cry:
I was in a c5 corvette for a bit the other day and I didn't like the motor. Its just such a relaxed engine... 3rd effortlessly and quietly wafts you from 30 to 100+. It didn't feel like it wanted to be worked hard. I honestly prefer turbo lag and even vtec - engines that force you to shift gears in a hurry because otherwise you have no torque.

RIP LS1 dreams :no:

Why does the new infinity M need pure silver dust hand painted into its wood panels? Really? Is that what luxury is these days?