Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Yeah, it's going to rub off on people's clothes. That's why they make leather dye kits to fix that.

I restored my leather chairs in the Golf. All it took was 3 minutes and shoe polish.
Yeah, you are better off using a proper leather conditioner. I just use a cleaner-conditioner-protector pack for leather sofas and that works well, and isn't too expensive, and you I use it on the sofas as well so I don't have to buy a differnent product for two different applications. I don't know if that would have worked if the seats weren't in good condition, but they don't look that bad in the pic.

Last edited:
city1-L.jpg

city2-L.jpg

Gordon Murray's new city car. I'd get it just for that entrance canopy.

its crying for a hyabusa engine in it.

edit:

And behold, all the ugly!!!
http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/8118/21805860.png

Last edited:
That's funny. I didn't realize they had 6 models, I thought they just had a car and an SUV.

I typically made fun of Acura for being Hondas with leather and fake wood.

Now they've gone and made themselves into UGLY Hondas with leather and fake wood.

Imagine explaining to people that you have an RL.

Queue adenoids:

"Yes, see, I spent nearly $20,000 more on my car than the TSX and $10,000 more than the TL. The wheelbase is 5.04 inches longer and it's 6.982 inches wider. It also has SH-AWD, which is Super Handling AWD and it's got a computer that knows when I've expelled flatus and turns on the scented seat coolers."

(Normal person)
"As far as I can tell, the headlights are slightly different, it's not better than the TSX or the TL and you still bought a fuck-ugly car."

http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/1276/carf.jpg

Wish me luck! :S :D

I'm going to Goodwood this Saturday. :D Free tickets, and free lunch as well!

Do you have a service manual and a torque wrench?

Nope to both of those. The Saturn forum's How-To Library had step by step instructions, and while we later found out that a torque wrench would be a nice time saver, we managed without it. :) We basically worked from 3:30 to 8. While it seems extremely long, it was our first time ever doing something like that. All in all, after a jump, the car started right up and seemed fine. So as far as that goes, it's good, with no warning lights on at all or odd electrical happenings.

Now to the bad, I'm still suffering from transmission issues that happened ever since the car lost power. The car won't shift past 2nd or 3rd gear sometimes. Turning the car off, waiting, and then turning it on again fixes the issue. This has happened since I bought the car about 3 years ago IIRC (could have been a bit after that) but it hasn't done it with this much frequency and other new "since the tensioner loosened" behaviors like surging around 30 mph, and a "dragging" sensation when i let off the gas. I plan to check the transmission fluid level tomorrow, and possibly schedule an appointment to get it changed, esp. if this doesn't lessen in a day or so (perhaps it's the adaptive transmission "learning" my driving style again due to the nearly dead battery...i might pull a battery cable to fully reset the system to be sure though) Whatever it is, it just doesn't feel normal. In any case, no "Shift to D3" MIL appeared during this at all, unlike when I drove and described earlier with the loose serpentine belt.

In any case, I'm pretty proud of myself at the moment. :D

Funny video of a guy in front of a pic of a transmission. I don't know what he is saying most of the time, but it works.

I have never felt so stupid in my entire life, I probably understood about 10 words in that video.

It makes me said that you and Evel didn't know about the turboencabulator. That spoof video has been slipped into various technical presentations since well forever.