Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Yeah, I wasn't fooling people though, I don't have a doughnut gut and I'm currently far from clean shaven. :p

:lol:

After it got dark, I don't think anyone was looking quite so close. :D

I got a sudden desire to get a 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria in all black.

Damn its hard to find a decent set of 14" tyres

Try finding a good set in 235/70/15 that are not truck tires.

Tire Rack shows a bunch of non-truck choices for 235/70/15 that appear to be decent quality.

The Bridgestone Adrenalin Potenza RE001 comes in a 185/60 R14 sizing compared to the 175/65 R14 of the stock set.

A lot of the other tyres for 14" I've found are crap, budget generic brands. Maybe I should consider getting a set of 15" wheels so I have more tyre choices in the future as well...

Last edited:
I just wonder if its worth sourcing a set of 15" alloys as well just so I have more tyres to choose from, but the Michelins look alright. I'm thinking of slightly modifying my car as well, so I'd want a set of tyres that can handle sports driving. Pedders makes some suspension bits and pieces for my car, but no idea if they're any good.

Need to find some more reviews, which is difficult as most people don't really post tyre impressions for everyday cars (ie Cars which use tyres around this size)...

Last edited:
Everything sounds great, apart from the new styling. The retro styling is one the reasons I love the current Mustang, if they ditch that, it just won't make sense to me as a muscle car.

yeah hopefully they won't attempt something too revolutionary... or else we could have a Mustang II redux (at least styling wise, like you said, everything else looks good) hopefully they will keep a good amount of retro, like they did with the 2010 facelift. make it modern with heavy retro influence.

Was talking to this hot girl at work... really hot girl, who has a boyfriend and they have a house together, so that means I can insult all i want. :p

"There's my car Adam"
"That is awful"
"It's a Hyundai I20"
"Oh dear"
"You don't like Hyundais.?
"You coulda bought a real car for what you paid for that"
"But its bright blue"
"..."
"It's a turbodiesel, it's really fast."
"..."

Good job shes pretty.

Was talking to this hot girl at work... really hot girl, who has a boyfriend and they have a house together, so that means I can insult all i want. :p

"There's my car Adam"
"That is awful"
"It's a Hyundai I20"
"Oh dear"
"You don't like Hyundais.?
"You coulda bought a real car for what you paid for that"
"But its bright blue"
"..."
"It's a turbodiesel, it's really fast."
"..."

Good job shes pretty.

I've heard a [female] lifeguard at work saying her car was doing something wrong and she was going to take it in for service. When asked what car she had she responded "Oh, I don't know. But it's cute!"

I've heard a [female] lifeguard at work saying her car was doing something wrong and she was going to take it in for service. When asked what car she had she responded "Oh, I don't know. But it's cute!"
I quiz my just-getting-a-license sister every now and then to make sure she knows :lol:

Forgot to mention, her boyfriends car failed its MOT, it needed a "Catalataran something" :lol:

I am surprised minis are so low on the list. Who would rather have a prius than a mini? :confused:

I suspect that a Prius has more valuable components (battery, various hybrid electronics) that can be sold off piecemeal than a mini. Also, to average "I really don't care about cars" people, the Prius will definitely be seen as more desirable to most.

Driving without auto insurance? Gov. Ed Rendell wants to use highway cameras to find you.

But the idea is drawing criticism from civil liberties activists and insurance industry officials.

Under Rendell?s proposal, cameras would be mounted along the roadside or on overhead signs ? initially around the state?s larger cities.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2010/07/gov_ed_rendells_idea_to_use_hi.html

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if these would magically turn into speed cameras as well. <_<:rolleyes:

Last edited: