Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Or I can just buy a battery charger and take out the battery every night.

Do us a favor, open your hood, find the battery, and look for the label on top and tell us how many CCAs it has. If it's an old battery it may need replaced regardless, but you should look for one with say, 750 CCAs minimum for temperatures in that range and you shouldn't have to worry about trouble starting in the cold until the battery actually dies.

That front end.

Blehck.

Fucking hell gas prices are skyrocketing, 3.09 for regular, Last time I fueled up it was 3.03, the time before it was 2.78; this is all within the span of two months. What gives?

That's cheap. It's about $3.30 here, I can only imagine that it's about $3.40 where I normally live or more.

Last week I paid 2.87, I drove by a bunch of stations at 3.15 yesterday :/ A month ago I paid 2.65. I don't think I'll bother filling the tank until the holidays pass and it drops back down.

Maybe it's my imagination but I thought gas prices fall in winter and rise in summer? If it's all the holiday craze I'm going into eco-mode to try to get my half a tank to get me to Christmas break because there is no way I want to fund the ridiculous price jumps.

Gasoline is $2.755 and ethanol is roughly $1.999...

Oh, you mean per gallon?

:p

Maybe it's my imagination but I thought gas prices fall in winter and rise in summer? If it's all the holiday craze I'm going into eco-mode to try to get my half a tank to get me to Christmas break because there is no way I want to fund the ridiculous price jumps.

You could also say oil consumption goes up when people use it to heat their homes. Also, delivery becomes more expensive in the snow.

There isn't any snow in the area yet. And I forgot that oil used to heat homes ties in with gasoline price, my brain seems to be in other places this week.

The heating oil thing is troublesome though, while it is mostly consumed now it rarely is bought now.

It is still about $2.70/gal here at CostCo, but it is steadily rising.

Am I alone is constantly scratching up the leather on my steering wheels? I mean not constantly, but it happens once every few months.

And no, I don't have hideously long fingernails... I trim them as soon as they are ready to be trimmed.