Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Anyone know anything about a "Thor Alarm System?" Brand name appears to be Korea Tech. I got one for Christmas as a remote starter unit. I'm finding almost nothing on Google, and the one relevant review isn't good.... but it's quite old.

I say hell yes, just because I think they are bitchin'. My mum had one in the 80s (it was lime green) and she always ranting and raving about how shitty it was.

I just asked her for her honest opinion though and she says it wasn't too bad. Reasonalbly reliable, but her BF (and I quote) "drove the poop out of it"

[JC voice] I decided to help. By taking a picture. [/JC voice]

163748_915584673902_9131082_48084626_4449081_n.jpg

I would have just stood there shouting [JC Voice] "You idiot, You've brought the wrong car!" [/JC Voice]

^ I basically did the same thing a on Xmas eve as I got home. Since there was a ton of snow I couldn't see a big pothole, got my front wheel stuck in it and.... well got stuck

throwing a bit of water on the snow + gently rocking back and forth for a couple of minutes got me free though...

I'm kind of over BMW for the moment. When I had the M3, my brother had a 330i and my folks a 325xi (wagon). I think if I can hook the Carrera in the low 70s, it would be worth it. Far as colors are concerned, probably white or black. The biggest discounts are on 2010 models (10-13k), the discounts on the 2011 models are about half that.

How come there are any discounts on 2011 models? Is the economy really so bad right now that even Porsche need to discount their current-model cars?

I think I should start carrying a bag of kitty litter in case any major snowing really strands my car.

How come there are any discounts on 2011 models? Is the economy really so bad right now that even Porsche need to discount their current-model cars?

Yes.

Porsche also did fleet-wide price reductions in Canada, to make their cars more in line with US prices on account of a strong dollar. The GT3 RS is $17k cheaper.

So my dented car went to the assessment man (finally) to see how much damage there was. $2,700. I don't pay anything, but damn a hood and bumper are expensive.

You mean we aren't in MY2012 yet?

We might as well be... my 2011 had 6,700km before 2011 even arrived. :D

Porsche also did fleet-wide price reductions in Canada, to make their cars more in line with US prices on account of a strong dollar. The GT3 RS is $17k cheaper.

Yeah, but that means they reduces the MSRP, correct? They wouldn't call those discounts.

And Firecat is in the US I believe.