Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Awesome
I will shove in the unnecessary back seats to my car and get better mpg and worse at the same time :D

you might even be able to fit this in the trunk of a car. i think it's the scooter that hammond and may used when they did that "drive home the drunk people in their own cars" thing a few years back.

No, those were collapsing Z50 clones.
The internet says I can only have parts for that. I do not think building one will go well. :(
I'll just search for cheap crappy mopeds in general I suppose.

Um, they're out there.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/mcy/2152222754.html

Last edited:
http://powersports.honda.com/2011/ruckus.aspx

only moped i'd ever ride

2011-Honda-RuckusNPS50-black.jpg

Up to a screaming top speed of... 22 mph.

If we are talking scooters then this is the one for me:
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/01/24/helix.jpg

Aww, poop.

Japan, meet Italy.
39903_1479521839586_1579980058_1160335_480970_n.jpg

And wouldn't you know it, the picture is clearly of the Italian scooter broken and being repaired. Note the tools and parts scattered around to the right of the scooter in the image.

That's not exactly the image I would use to promote Italian scooters over Japanese ones, though it's a depiction of the normal state of affairs for all Italian machinery - broken. :p

TAS11-0196.jpg

I can't decide whether its carbage or not because its so ridiculous.

The foglight inserts look like discarded chocolate trays.

Probably because they are.

So I had a scare with my car last night and this morning.

last night, i pulled out of school and the temp gauge went straight to the red line. there was no heat and so the defroster wasn't working. i stopped and took a look, knowing the car was not overheating. I get some gas and get back in and all was well.

this morning, i turn on the car, no heat again and the gauge is back up all the way, a disaster on a 15F day. I stop and wait, thinking it'll "fix itself like the night before" but to no avail. At this point, knowing that the car is simply not overheating, I drive the car over to the mechanic and drop the car off. My dad picked me up and brought me to school late... but shit happens, right?

*cut to after school*

so i get picked up by my mom and I get driven over to the mechanic's. the deal is that it was not the thermostat, but, in fact, the coolant hosing. the hosing was cut at the base of the radiator and it couldn't tell because the car wouldn't over heat on such a cold day under such docile driving conditions. $150 and a new tubing cuff later, all is well with the Lesbaru.

So I had a scare with my car last night and this morning.

last night, i pulled out of school and the temp gauge went straight to the red line. there was no heat and so the defroster wasn't working. i stopped and took a look, knowing the car was not overheating. I get some gas and get back in and all was well.

this morning, i turn on the car, no heat again and the gauge is back up all the way, a disaster on a 15F day. I stop and wait, thinking it'll "fix itself like the night before" but to no avail. At this point, knowing that the car is simply not overheating, I drive the car over to the mechanic and drop the car off. My dad picked me up and brought me to school late... but shit happens, right?

*cut to after school*

so i get picked up by my mom and I get driven over to the mechanic's. the deal is that it was not the thermostat, but, in fact, the coolant hosing. the hosing was cut at the base of the radiator and it couldn't tell because the car wouldn't over heat on such a cold day under such docile driving conditions. $150 and a new tubing cuff later, all is well with the Lesbaru.

Actually your car was overheating badly. BECAUSE YOU DID NOT HAVE ANY COOLANT!

PS. Top tip: If the temp gage goes straight to high temp and the heater doesn't work. Don't drive. Find out where your coolant has gone.

Actually your car was overheating badly. BECAUSE YOU DID NOT HAVE ANY COOLANT!

PS. Top tip: If the temp gage goes straight to high temp and the heater doesn't work. Don't drive. Find out where your coolant has gone.

it was cold enough that it was clearly not. no sweet smell, no rough feel.... just cold inside and the temp gauge up. i swear. well, it's fixed now.

Just finished this piece, thinking of wallpaper ideas, i was gonna vector the GTO logo and maybe do something, unsure, but it was fun to do, 288 <3 <3 <3 <3

Got rid of my N licence today. I'm now a fully licenced driver!

I didn't even have an appointment, I just went in to the motor vehicle branch and waited for about an hour.