Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I have experiences like that with just about every parts store I go to. Doesn't matter if it's Autozone, O'Reillys, NAPA. It's hit or miss at any of them. I love it when you go in and ask for something like say, S10 ball joints.

I need an upper ball joint for an '82 S10.
"2WD or 4WD?"
Two.
"Uh, what engine?"
Doesn't matter.
"OK, what transmission?"
It's a ball joint. It doesn't matter.
"Wait, this was for a C10, right?"
:blowup:

Last edited:
You think Vatozone is bad you should try Pep Boys.

Pep Boys = Rice and Scooter Boys.

The one near here, right before they closed it, was remodelled to make half the store into a scooter shop and a third of the rest was rice.

why do people throw shit out of a moving car on a packed highway, with everyone bunched up?
I can understand if it's something small like a cigarette or a piece of paper but the dude in front of me throw a styrofoam cup half full of liquid out of his car, while doing 50 kph

Naturally this ended up all over my windshield...:(

I saw two new Kia Souls this morning, in the back of a trailer. The red one didn't look bad at all.

why do people throw shit out of a moving car on a packed highway, with everyone bunched up?
I can understand if it's something small like a cigarette or a piece of paper but the dude in front of me throw a styrofoam cup half full of liquid out of his car, while doing 50 kph

Naturally this ended up all over my windshield...:(

yeah throwing cigrattes out your car window is a real bright idea too

0,,6477929,00.jpg

Some of those fires were lit by dumbasses throwing cigrattes out their car window.

Also

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE NOT DO THE SPEED LIMIT ON TOLLWAYS, YOU'RE PAYING $5 TO DRIVE ON THE ROAD TO BE QUICKER THAN THE OTHER ROADS THEN DRIVE 20KM/H UNDER THE SPEEDLIMIT

I need an upper ball joint for an '82 S10.
"2WD or 4WD?"
Two.
"Uh, what engine?"
Doesn't matter.
"OK, what transmission?"
It's a ball joint. It doesn't matter.
"Wait, this was for a C10, right?"
:rofl:

Hey kids, the economy and the housing market may be shit, but don't despair: for the price of a new cheapo car, you can buy a house AND a roomy car at the same time!

That's right ladies and gentlemen, why plonk down the same price of a 3-bedroom in war-torn Detroit when you can buy one of these instead? And not have to live in shitty Michigan, while you're at it?

I'm seriously considering one of these if I return to college next semester and can't find an apartment to sublet. Worst comes to worst, I can just drive up to a party and won't have to stumble far to get back home afterwards.

I want me a Citi Golf R-Line. Massively.

800px-VW_Citi_Golf_R-Line.jpg

I would like both of these. How do I tow my volkswagens behind my other volkswagen.

yeah throwing cigrattes out your car window is a real bright idea too

0,,6477929,00.jpg

Some of those fires were lit by dumbasses throwing cigrattes out their car window.

Also

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE NOT DO THE SPEED LIMIT ON TOLLWAYS, YOU'RE PAYING $5 TO DRIVE ON THE ROAD TO BE QUICKER THAN THE OTHER ROADS THEN DRIVE 20KM/H UNDER THE SPEEDLIMIT

Smokers ruin my driving time all the time with their stupid ashes and still burning butts hitting my car as well as the damn cloud of billowing smoke coming into my car from theirs. I might as well be stuck behind a trash truck with that stench

Also I saw someone pulled over yesterday by an undercover cop.
It was a chevy express. WTF why are they pulling people over in that D:
That is not one of the things I look for when I look for cops!

I imagine because they're not one of the things people look for when they look out for cops? :mrgreen:

Still. Kinda slow for an interceptor o_O

Question : when is a good time to switch from winter to summer tyres?
I heard the threshold is around 7?C, but we have weird weather ATM, very cold in the mornings (sometimes below 0?C) and quite hot in the afternoons (15-20?C)

so on the way to work I need them, and on the way back I need summer tyres? :lol:

another way of seeing it is 6 months after I put them on, which was november... so it should be right around now...

is it more dangerous to drive on icy roads with summer tyres? Or more dangerous to drive in hot(ish) weather with pretty worn out winters?

posted something automotive-related in a thread on another forum the other day. It was pretty sweet, you should have been there.

Last edited:

Maybe the car was pulled off and the cop stopped to see if they needed help?

Maybe the car was pulled off and the cop stopped to see if they needed help?

not with the lights flashing. Plus, it was on the road up to my school which in short is awesome fun to go down quickly...the speed limit is 25....

CHP likes to station themselves on the CA toll roads (so cal ones at least). There is no center divider (say, on the one that goes to San Juan Capistrano), so one CHP stations themselves, and easy access to both sides of the freeway.