Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

No good roads in the US 'eh? This was part of my "morning commute."

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thedguy/2009/04/30/1.JPG

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thedguy/2009/04/30/2.JPG

The road does this for about 12 miles.

What you can't see due to the glare is the pacific ocean

Last edited:
Expect that road to now become clogged with ricers and Winnebagos. :p

You're not supposed to tell people where these roads are or you'll ruin it like PCH is ruined. :p

Expect that road to now become clogged with ricers and Winnebagos. :p

You're not supposed to tell people where these roads are or you'll ruin it like PCH is ruined. :p

Luckily it's so far out there that few bother to go to it. It's already been published anyway.

BTW, I didn't actually tell anyone where it is at ;)

You pointed out the Pacific Ocean. That, knowing that it's California and Google Earth is all you need. :p

You pointed out the Pacific Ocean. That, knowing that it's California and Google Earth is all you need. :p

California is a big ass state, and I work anywhere in it... so good luck ;)

Oh and as far as Winnebago's go... there is a big ass sign as you enter the road from the town "vehicles with trailers prohibited". The bends are just too tight in many area's for large vehicles.

California is a big ass state, and I work anywhere in it... so good luck ;)

Oh and as far as Winnebago's go... there is a big ass sign as you enter the road from the town "vehicles with trailers prohibited". The bends are just too tight in many area's for large vehicles.

Won't keep them from trying, as most Winnebagos are self-propelled.

On top of that, if they do try it and get stuck, that's even worse. :p

So when are the rag top Camaros coming? My Dad is thinking of buying one new (shocking for him) as he suspects they might be a collectors item when GM kills them off in a couple years.

Won't keep them from trying, as most Winnebagos are self-propelled.

On top of that, if they do try it and get stuck, that's even worse. :p

Ok these Winnebago statements had a hit of irony today.

Coming home via Cajalco, just as I hit the little twisty bits before I15, I get "stuck" behind a Winnebago. :lol: Luckily he was driving the shit out of that thing as I was able to enjoy myself.

No good roads in the US 'eh? This was part of my "morning commute."

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thedguy/2009/04/30/1.JPG

I have some road like this on my morning commute...
only it has houses all along the side :lol:

Our family used to have a Dodge Transvan, and my mom tells me it had surprised quite a few people with how well it could haul ass on mountain roads. :cool:

Damn, I'm all out of car wax. The bottles only have a spit's worth in them, so I have to get a bottle of AutoGlym or something comparable tomorrow. The paint on my car has faded a lot, so I'm spending tomorrow getting the shine back.

Damn, I'm all out of car wax. The bottles only have a spit's worth in them, so I have to get a bottle of AutoGlym or something comparable tomorrow. The paint on my car has faded a lot, so I'm spending tomorrow getting the shine back.

Bottle...? Pah, bottled isn't worth the time :lol:

I do care about it, but since it's just a runabout rather than something to cherish, I wouldn't go all the way with clay bars and Simoniz since in the end of the day it's just a hatchback with black plastic bumpers.
The *sole* rust bubble just lost the paint on it today, and that'll stick out like a sore thumb. :|

Its amazing how the system works with such a simple driving theory test here. If you've ever tried one of those revision CDs - it is exactly like that, only it has touchscreens to help those helpless flesh coloured sacks which inhabit lifeless organs who paw at the screen until something happens. However they won't do well at the hazard perception, because for that you have to use - GOD FORBID! - the mouse.

I passed, of course. But surprised myself with a nice a low mark. Bleh.

I have some road like this on my morning commute...
only it has houses all along the side :lol:

Oh this does too. Luckily it's in the kind of area where you don't own just one $90k+ Euro sedan/sports car.

Just heading to the road I saw an Audi R8, a Maserati Quattroporte and various Porsche's.

I think I saw a tesla roadster parked in front of someones house too. Didn't get a good enough look at it though.

for some unknown reason i have recently been enamored of the 2003-2004 Mustang SVT Cobra (and to a slightly lesser extent 2000 Cobra R).

for some unknown reason i have recently been enamored of the 2003-2004 Mustang SVT Cobra (and to a slightly lesser extent 2000 Cobra R).

Terminators are some of my favorite cars, as the saying goes, making a Terminator fast is as easy as P.I.E. (Pulley, Intake, Exhaust).
My favorite iteration, however, is Terminators with Kenne Belle superchargers.