Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

and now, a quick example of shoddy Honduran inability to take orders:

i went to get the carburetor tuned in the truck as it's consuming too much fuel and going way too slow, so i go and explain the situation to the guys and say ?here, do it while i go do some errands?.

so i Returned and in checkout i look at the receipt:

1. Red and Blue LED windshield sprayer........Lps. 75 (about $3.94)

BACK THE FUCK UP

so after i pay (might as well keep them) go, start the car turn on the driving lights and sure enough-i look like a wannabe cop.

I'm changing repair shop

You payed for repairs/ parts you didn't want? That just encourages incompetence!

Dear toyota. If someone is wearing a seatbelt their head should NOT be able to smash into the windshield in a car accident. Super fail.

Last edited:
^:shock2: holy shit!, what happened?

image-8447_4A6DAFC5.jpg

awesome or carbage?

^:shock2: holy shit!, what happened?

A friend of mine got in an accident in her tacoma and despite wearing her seat belt slammed her head on the windshield. That huge crack is from her face D:

Just goes to show you how "quality" Toyota products really are.

A friend of mine got in an accident in her tacoma and despite wearing her seat belt slammed her head on the windshield. That huge crack is from her face D:

Was your friend a woman and was she wearing the seat belt underneath her boobs?

Just goes to show you how "quality" Toyota products really are.
Lets look at the toyota they hit for another idea.

Was your friend a woman and was she wearing the seat belt underneath her boobs?
How would i know how she wears her seatbelt? The point is you can clearly see that windshield is WAY too close to the people's heads. You shouldn't be able to hit your head like that EVER when you have a seat belt on.

Last edited:
DesignDriven_winner_image1.jpg

Also peggy would like to live here.

Of course, if she drove with her seat in the frontmost position and with her head over the steering wheel (old person style), it's very easy to hit the windshield in the event of a crash.

judging by the other pictures it was pushed all the way back. Also, she was the passenger.
BOTH people got slammed into the windshield.

Last edited:
Ah. In that case it's different. :|

Edit: I can see marks left by a face :/

Last edited:
How would i know how she wears her seatbelt? The point is you can clearly see that windshield is WAY too close to the people's heads. You shouldn't be able to hit your head like that EVER when you have a seat belt on.
Yes, but it's entirely possible to use seat belts wrong. I'm not saying your friend did, but the worst sort of idiots loosen up their belt because they feel too confined and uncomfortable.

I always tighten up the seat belt when I get in a car, don't know if it's normal, maybe I'm weird. :|

edit. Ah, well unlikely then if both slammed their heads. Maybe seat belt (what the hell is that thing, pulley??) mechanism failure?

Last edited:
It's possible the inertia locks in the belts didn't work, so rather than actually holding them to the seats they just didn't do much of anything.

Also: I laughed hard at the 'Poker for Dummies' book on the shelf in that "garage."

Last edited:
Lets look at the toyota they hit for another idea.

07-26-09_2055.jpg

Unless you're wearing the seatbelt wrong or have the seat too far forward. You can hit the windshield even in a New Beetle or Chrysler LH car if both of those conditions are met.

Women quite often do both. They wear the seat belt under their breasts, so the belt cannot restrain the upwards and forwards motion of the torso, and then they put the seat too close to the wheel. The latter is done either to reach the pedals or to get more leverage on the steering wheel; the majority of women do not have their seat set so that they are nearly arm's length from the steering wheel, but at a much closer distance - such that if they grip the top of the wheel they are able to almost rest their elbow on the bottom of the wheel.

edit. Ah, well unlikely then if both slammed their heads. Maybe seat belt (what the hell is that thing, pulley??) mechanism failure?

Inertial reel failure is possible but unlikely. More likely is improper belt wear and the (bench) seat too far forward.

Last edited:
By the way, is the beige car a Saturn?

:doh:
They said "Okay so Leah and I were driving (blue truck) and I guess she didn't see the red and we t-boned a lady in the camry... " and I didn't even notice because I was too busy staring at the damage.

Both people however, wearing their seatbelts wrong seems unlikely, especially since you can see the seat is far back.

Last edited: