Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

My car has been keyed on the bonnet and quiet a few other places by fucktards after it was sitting at a car park near a pub.

Needless to say, if I caught whoever did it, they would be breathing through a tube right now.

I'm hoping to respray it at the end of this year. :(

My experience with this actually doesn't come from California because I'm yet to actually drive in that place with anything that's actually mine. My conversion van had some pretty impressive gouges in the passenger side doors (all of which came to be in Pennsylvania) by the time it was EOL'd.

My car has been keyed on the bonnet and quiet a few other places by fucktards after it was sitting at a car park near a pub.
This is why my company pays $300/mo rent on an old run-down 1930's car dealership with drive-in bay doors on the same block as our pub-of-choice. Secure indoor parking FTW

Last edited:
Yeck, feel sorry for you guys who have to deal with that crap. I don't worry about where I park the Mustang, and I usually leave the windows down and the door unlocked. Not had a problem or a second thought about it yet.

And now, after a short night drive, I can report my moving around the electrics under the dash in the Mustang resulted in no longer having a dimming, pulsating dash backlight while driving at 80. Makes for a much nicer drive at night. Oh, and Satellite Radio is so much better than standard.

My neighbourhood is just fine, it was just that one night, and even then it wasn't exactly parked at a dodgy car park anyway....:mad:

Not much to tell. He put key to paint and four seconds later I put cattle prod to back of neck.

His dancing wasn't particularly coordinated, but it was entertaining to watch.

After that, slapped cuffs on him and waited for the cops to arrive.

This is why you do not commit vandalism in the nighttime in Texas.

Damn...I am pretty sure I would be the one arrested if I did something similar around here...<_<

Yeck, feel sorry for you guys who have to deal with that crap. I don't worry about where I park the Mustang, and I usually leave the windows down and the door unlocked. Not had a problem or a second thought about it yet.

And now, after a short night drive, I can report my moving around the electrics under the dash in the Mustang resulted in no longer having a dimming, pulsating dash backlight while driving at 80. Makes for a much nicer drive at night. Oh, and Satellite Radio is so much better than standard.

Old mustang == too awesome to key.

Honestly I think anyone would agree with that.

There's supposed to be a car in here somewhere:

500x_Lamborghini_Reventon_Roadst.jpg

I would like that dress also. I am familiar with the fabric and it is epic comfy. It feels like being naked when you're not :D

Not much to tell. He put key to paint and four seconds later I put cattle prod to back of neck.

His dancing wasn't particularly coordinated, but it was entertaining to watch.

After that, slapped cuffs on him and waited for the cops to arrive.

This is why you do not commit vandalism in the nighttime in Texas.

Now if the first time were on video was the dance also?
I would like to see this dance

The cops got the video, I didn't get a copy.

Wish I did, because I would have YouTubed it.

I decided having 3 power leads for my radio and other stuff cheaply spliced into one mystery accessory power lead under the dash was a bit much. Spent the morning driving all over town trying to find a fuse panel to add a secondary one, finally the last stop- Radio Shack, had everything I needed. Anyway, I now have a properly relay powered and fused accessory panel for my things and a lot less paranoia about spontaneous fire.

Love the Shack. I use to mess around eith electronics stuff and they are awsome.

Perhaps people are just hateful in Califronia.
That they are. I never see the same people twice at my gym. it might be the fact that my car is new-ish, is in a kinda gay blue color, and is very clean.

It probably doesn't help that I live in the city with the highest number of car jackings in the United States
http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/16/pf/hot_spots_for_hot_cars/index.htm

Lost the title in 2007 to stockton or something, but took it back for 2008. stupid tweakers.

on another note, I was watching the Isle of man TT in HD and noticed some weird 3 wheel competition cycles with some guy moving around on the back. what are those?

Last edited:
Normally I would ask "why bother", but then the answer would probably be "why not".

is there any advantage to those rigs at all?

and Discovery HD theater is awesome.

Last edited:
They have the insane acceleration of a racing motorcycle with much of the cornering ability of a car. Great fun to watch race, though quite physical to operate and not that popular as a race series. They're a long-standing tradition at the Isle Of Man TT.

That they are. I never see the same people twice at my gym. it might be the fact that my car is new-ish, is in a kinda gay blue color, and is very clean.

It probably has more to do with the Riced out part.

It probably has more to do with the Riced out part.

In case you didn't notice the word "stock" after "riced out", my car is bone stock with the exception of newer tires. Its far from the most riced out car in the lot.

Last edited:
Why do you call it riced out then? Body kit, spoilers?