Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

...and the associated water stain trough right in front of it.

Yup. Not a whole lot you can do about that except wax it well.

At least that spot doesn't rust out.

Very funny! The truth is that the idiot car dealers that price Jaguars at stupid prices will struggle to sell that car because the jaguars priced at realistic prices have already been bought. If you look through ebay, Craigslist, and the Want ads consistently a reasonably priced Jaguar will show up. I remember my dad calling somebody on a Jaguar XK x100 that was in great shape the day after he picked up the want ad and was told it was already sold. It was about $6,000.

Exactly. Then these dealers sit around and wonder why they can't sell something that seems so desirable.

Of course sometimes I'm the evil bastard who sniped the reasonably priced/screaming deal Jaguar off Craigslist or wherever. :D Or pointed it out to someone. :D

Last edited:
Of course sometimes I'm the evil bastard who sniped the reasonably priced/screaming deal Jaguar off Craigslist or wherever. :D Or pointed it out to someone. :D

Better you than some twat who's going to wrap it around a tree.

Damn! I remember seeing that before. It was in something absolutely mental! What was it?

Well, many early airplanes had them. Think Sopwith Camel.

Better you than some twat who's going to wrap it around a tree.

Got a point there.

You know, I was just thinking - of my last four Jaguars, none of them were lost to mechanical failure or through crashing with me at the wheel. In fact, my last two were both crashed by someone else. Grrr.

I've hit things with Series III's, but I've never managed to wreck one beyond repair. And I've never managed to run out of luck, talent and traction to the point where I wrapped one around a pole or stanchion. Perhaps the Jaguar gods are pleased with me. :D

Last edited:
Well, many early airplanes had them. Think Sopwith Camel.

No, I meant - I remember someone putting one of these in a car! (There is a possibility that I may be wrong.)

Ahh...that's it!

I drove around in a Base 2009 corolla today (do not ask where the mitsu is)and found it unbelievably plasticky.

Welcome to Toyota in the 21st century. Hard grey plastic is what they do

I have discovered the most horrible car in existance, it is the
Chevy Taho
hybrid
limo

That sounds like an epic fail so hard that it's an epic win...

He was surprised and asked if race cars were "back wheel drive".

EPIC FACEPALM

Long story about Jags

Boo-urns. If I ever saw an XJR over here for that price I'd buy it in an instant. And you say it's still 50% too much. Boo-urns to you!

That would be this car: http://jalopnik.com/5302246/awesome-defined-the-10+liter-radial+engined-goggomobil

Radial_Engine_Goggomobile.jpg

It was also tried in production cars back in 1910-1930 or so.

Goggomobil FTW.

That sounds like an epic fail so hard that it's an epic win...

No it was fail. I was driving behind it I would know. It was so awful I called people to complain about the fail.

I just learned today that one of my colleagues has named her Renault Twingo "Ingo"...

And I have to work together with her every day...

Consider importing and hiring some French 'youths' to eliminate the problem in traditional fashion. :D

While the goggomobil might be awesome. It was put together by a bunch of fucking neonazis

I now fear the day when platoons of goggomobils will cross the Maginot Line and spark off WW3.

And why have a rotary piston car, when you can have a rotary piston motorcycle?

800px-MHV_Megola_01.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megola

Last edited:
Sweet

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/11/18/01-dacia-andros.jpg

So apparently my Jeep has been running on 5 cylinders for a while and needs a new fuel rail and injectors.

Brilliant :(