Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQomWjhUcjY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The later model Fieros with a series II or series III supercharged V6 would have made one hell of a car. I'm also starting to like the 3800 supercharged noise too. It may not be as powerful as most modern V6s, but it probably has enough torque to keep up with them. A bit of tuning could probably safely bump the stock series III 260 hp as well.

It's a good engine, for sure. Pretty easy to milk some power out of them too.

PM me your location and I can get you pointed in the right direction. Unless you live in Wisconsin, New York, New Jersey, California or Massachussetts, you can probably get a permit fairly easily.

Apparently carjackings go down/stop when there's a good chance that the would-be victim can make it 'no fun forever' by ventilating you. :p

I do appreciate the offer. I found it pretty easily once I dug around a little bit. You're right though, if I have 3 friends and enough money for dinner at McDonald's, I'm set. I really can't decide if that's amusing or frightening. Probably both. Then I realized when I went out driving today that I know off hand half a dozen other people already licensed including my cop uncle so why bother. I'll have a chicken selects combo meal with a sprite instead. :)

It's a good engine, for sure. Pretty easy to milk some power out of them too.
The bog standard Series II 3800 is a very good engine, if my assumption is correct and that's the engine you're talking about.

I had a dream last night that Mercedes made a new car that looks virtually exactly the same as a DB9 except it was smaller. Weighed in around 26xxlbs for the base model; 29xxlbs for a fully loaded one. No idea what sort of power it made but it had a 2.0L 4-cyl, prob turbo but idk. I remember thinking (in my dream) that this was the first Merc I really liked in... well, basically forever

Thought I'd post here first before making a topic.

I'm interested in buying the repair manual for my car (2003 Civic Si) and was wondering if you guys knew of a good one to get.

Thought I'd post here first before making a topic.

I'm interested in buying the repair manual for my car (2003 Civic Si) and was wondering if you guys knew of a good one to get.

Surely there are Civic forums where the people who actually fiddle with the cars would make better recommendations than most of us?

To my cousin, roommate and friend,

A note on etiquette: It is never acceptable for your friends to enter, modify, move, start or otherwise fuck with your roommate's vehicle. Especially if that vehicle is mine. Tonight I was out with my girlfriend and we decided to take her Beetle because it needed a wash, I left my X-Terra at home safe and sound in the garage - or so I thought. When I returned from the movie to retrieve my car, I found the seat slid full-forward, the seat back inclined to the vertical, my leather driving gloves smashed into the center console, my knit hat over the gear lever, my CB mic dangling over the right hand control stalk (stretching out the cord) and, for some unknown reason, a box of tiny crayons sitting on top of my radio.

It is not acceptable to pass the phone to your idiot former fuckbuddy and claim no responsibility. These are your friends; although it might also be your house, I am a rent-paying tenant. Your friends and former bed-buddies are constipators; they disturb my shit and that annoys me. Ultimately I hold you responsible.

This is unacceptable. Control your fucking idiot friends or I shall begin a campaign of relation that will drive you to therapy until you qualify for social security.

You Have Been Warned.

Sincerely, your cousin,
Blind_Io

Last edited:

A note on etiquette: It is never acceptable for your friends to enter, modify, move, start or otherwise fuck with your roommate's vehicle. Especially if that vehicle is mine. Tonight I was out with my girlfriend and we decided to take her Beetle because it needed a wash, I left my X-Terra at home safe and sound in the garage - or so I thought. When I returned from the movie to retrieve my car, I found the seat slid full-forward, the seat back inclined to the vertical, my leather driving gloves smashed into the center console, my knit hat over the gear lever, my CB mic dangling over the right hand control stalk (stretching out the cord) and, for some unknown reason, a box of tiny crayons sitting on top of my radio.

It is not acceptable to pass the phone to your idiot former fuckbuddy and claim no responsibility. These are your friends; although it might also be your house, I am a rent-paying tenant. Your friends and former bed-buddies are constipators; they disturb my shit and that annoys me. Ultimately I hold you responsible.

This is unacceptable. Control your fucking idiot friends or I shall begin a campaign of relation that will drive you to therapy until you qualify for social security.

You Have Been Warned.

Sincerely, your cousin,
Blind_Io

Don't you lock your car when you're not in it?

Not when it's in a locked garage, but I will now.

Reading manuals ftw. My car has a 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty when I thought it was 3 year / 30,000. That's about a year left, and I thought it had run out!

You Have Been Warned.

Sincerely, your cousin,
Blind_Io

It sounds to me as though a toddler has tried to steal your car. At least they failed, and they did leave behind some crucial evidence.

Hey Corrado's aren't that bad - maintanance wise they aren't much different to MK3 Golfs. The only problem is part availability...You would think that using the same parts as a Golf and a Passat, parts would be interchangable but nooooo...
Luckily, some of the parts can be easily modified to fit a Corrado.

My mecnahic drives a bright yellow G60 and he is quite happy with it.

corrado's are from the golf MKII era ;)

How pretty is this thing?

http://img686.imageshack.**/img686/7277/7b5c9209.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.**/img189/2751/1995mazdarx01concept01.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.**/img191/9144/1995mazdarx01concept05.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.**/img69/3998/1995mazdarx01concept04.jpg

2j1290z.jpg

It's the 1995 Mazda RX-01 Concept, and it's achingly beautiful.

I feel like a n00b. I stalled the car for the first time since my first solo drive in a manual. To make matters worse I was making eyes with the hottie in the car next to me at the time. She laughed.

I feel like a n00b. I stalled the car for the first time since my first solo drive in a manual. To make matters worse I was making eyes with the hottie in the car next to me at the time. She laughed.

HAHAHAHAHAH NO WAY!!! :lol::lol::lol:

We got one pretty concept on this page, how about an ugly one.
I present to you the Bugatti Veyron design study that (thankfully) got rejected.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/01/06/500x_walter_d-silva_bugatti_03_01.jpg

We came across some scans from Quattroruote Magazine on the net, picturing a car that's supposed to be a Bugatti. It appeared to be a top secret design proposal by Walter de'Silva, now almost ten years old. Our first thoughts: Oh my God... Walter, what were you thinking?!

Back in 1999, Hartmut Warkuss, then head of Volkswagen Design, met Walter de'Silva at the Geneva Show. At that time, Walter was head of design at Seat and working on the Seat Salsa Concept. Warkuss told De'Silva that Volkswagen was preparing the revival of the Bugatti brand and that "big boss" Ferdinand Piech was expecting some design proposals for a super sports car that was to become the Veyron. Hartmut Warkuss asked De'Silva to send in his take on the new Bugatti. De'Silva took the challenge against Warkuss himself and Giugiaro who eventually came up with the Chiron. De'Silva began to sketch and in a few months the work was completed, resulting in the full scale mock-up you can see here.

Luckily no Veyron prototype was butchered for this styling exercise. The blue monster in these pictures is a full size model, complete with the interior, but without any mechanics. What we don't understand is why they wasted any time and money on constructing this model while any Bugattist could have judged from the sketches alone that this design could not and should never get a "Go". Many Bugattists Pur Sang will agree that this design is not worthy of the Bugatti badge, because Walter seemed to have totally misunderstood the Bugatti values and style. We are very happy Ferdinand Piech rejected this proposal.

The "Bugatti secret" was carefully put away in some dungeon, far away from prying eyes, but since August '09 the secret was unveiled by Quattroruote. We're not sure if we should be happy about this. Probably, for Walter's sake, this model should have stayed a secret for ever. However, with different wheels and a restyled front end it could have been a funky Seat! But then, in 2003, Walter saved his artistic ass by presenting the Seat Cupra GT, which unfortunately never made it into series production. This car, in its turn, could have been a nice Bugatti, though! If it wasn't for Hartmut Warkuss to have won the design competition with the Veyron.

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/01/06/Walter_d-Silva_Bugatti_02.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/01/06/Walter_d-Silva_Bugatti_04.jpg

Last edited: