Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Thats all kinds of ugly for so many reasons. They surely didn't need to make a full scale model to tell that.

Ah double post!

Ok well that mazda concept is quite beautiful. I can see a lot of FD rx7 in it.

Last edited:
Found out today that the TCS/ASR (at least the system Audi uses) is pretty much useless on snow and ice. The bloody system only makes matters worse. Was stuck in a parking-bay with a bit of a gradient on a snow and ice mix ... and the bloody TC didn?t help at all. I thought the TC?s job was to deliver as much power to the wheels in such situations as they can handle without spinning. But what happend was that I just got NOTHING as soon as the slightest loss of grip happend. When trappend against a (small) gradient on ice what you want to do is build up a bit of momentum to go over the gradient ... but as soon as the car moved ... the power to the wheels was cut by 100% and you just don?t go nowhere and just slide back to where you came from. And the reaction time of the system is biblically lame. Feels like eternity untill you get controll over the throttle back after the system stepped in ...

When I finally switched the system off ... I was out of the stupid parking bay in seconds (with POWEEEEERRRRRR!!!!) ... If I hadn?t, I?d still be there thx to "helpfull technology" ... <_<

Last edited:
Now that both my girlfriend and I have shorter commutes and a proper sized driveway, we have officially decided to get rid of the Festiva and replace it with better car. Unfortunately we seem to be fixating on a late 70's Lincoln Mark V or Town Car as a replacement.

Now that both my girlfriend and I have shorter commutes and a proper sized driveway, we have officially decided to get rid of the Festiva and replace it with better car. Unfortunately we seem to be fixating on a late 70's Lincoln Mark V or Town Car as a replacement.

I thought you said you wanted a better car. :p

The two Lincolns I've owned before were both great cars. So what if they don't handle well.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a good ol' American Land Yacht!

Exactly, everyone should own one once in his life.....if only to find out howmuch they are not for U ;)

Witch reminds me there's one sitting in an old barn in the village where I live ......
Its just been sitting there for years, I've asked around and nobody realy seems to know who owned it, no plates on it, rumor has it it belonged to a dutch guy who 'disappeared' ......just people talking I suppose but something is going on for it to just be abandoned like that.....classic american car in europe? no mather what it is and in what state somebody somewhere is gonna want it and pay (alot off!) money for it.
I'm no expert on landyachts so I have no idea exactly what it is, definetly late 70's, .......I realy should look into that......or just steal liberate it :ninja:

Late 70s? Ugh. Things had gone horribly down hill at the start of the 70s. It wasn't until the 90s that American land yachts began to become decent again (90s Crown Vics, GM B/D-Bodies).

Late 70s? Ugh. Things had gone horribly down hill at the start of the 70s. It wasn't until the 90s that American land yachts began to become decent again (90s Crown Vics, GM B/D-Bodies).

Yes, the 60's era Lincolns and Caddys are "prettier" cars, but I've always liked the late 70's Lincolns as they were some of the last proper full-size, american luxury cars. Once 1980 hit, they all went to shit.

The late 70s Lincolns are completely starved for power and have literal miles of vacuum plumbing that is always broken.

The late 70s Lincolns are completely starved for power and have literal miles of vacuum plumbing that is always broken.
Don't tell my old HS friend that. His Lincoln Land Yacht had plenty of get-up-and-go, all the way up to 50.... Where it just rolled over and died. -_-

I'll agree with you on the vacuum lines, and they will never be screaming, tire-shredding monsters, but the 400 and 460 are more than capable of quickly, and comfortable hauling around such a large car. If I wanted a sports car I would buy one.

Now I'm doubting again......I know it all got alot smaller in the late 70's and it's definetly a big one (yess even to my standards) early 70 's? It doesnt look 'old' enough to be older than that, but like I said 60/70 american sedans arent my field of expertise (neither is anything else :p )

Remind me to actualy get out into that field and find out what this thing is.....talking about it has gotten me intriqued.

Now I'm doubting again......I know it all got alot smaller in the late 70's and it's definetly a big one (yess even to my standards) early 70 's? It doesnt look 'old' enough to be older than that, but like I said 60/70 american sedans arent my field of expertise (neither is anything else :p )

Remind me to actualy get out into that field and find out what this thing is.....talking about it has gotten me intriqued.

Take a camera & get pics, I?m intrigued by this as well. :mrgreen:

If you we find a Bugatti in that barn, I?ll handle the auction end here in London with Sothebys, 'mK ? :lol: