Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Now I'm doubting again......I know it all got alot smaller in the late 70's and it's definetly a big one (yess even to my standards) early 70 's? It doesnt look 'old' enough to be older than that, but like I said 60/70 american sedans arent my field of expertise (neither is anything else :p )

Remind me to actualy get out into that field and find out what this thing is.....talking about it has gotten me intriqued.

Here are some proper American luxury cars.

1404924532_cb7ced3b8c_b.jpg

1961_Lincoln_Continental.jpg

I'm generally not a fan of pre war cars but I love Duesies.
800px-Duesenberg_Convertible_SJ_LA_Grand_Dual-Cowl_Phaeton_1935.jpg

lp570sv01.jpg

lp570sv02.jpg

lp570sv03.jpg

I don't need to say too much about those pictures other than this - Why not 2WD like the Balboni?.

^^ When the economy picks up, someone needs to resurrect the Deusenberg name on a car that can utterly crush the Veyron - while carrying four people in style.

Going to go check out a silver, 1997 323F (Forte) with 145k on the clock. I'm not considering trading up, but I'd like to check the condition in case I could recommend it to a friend. 1.5l engine, A/C, 4500eur.

And Jay Leno gets the first one off the assembly line?

Don't have a problem with that.

After all. Deusenberg first licensed the Bugatti V16 engine... then built a Straight Eight engine to utterly crush it, specifically in the French GP of 1921. I think it's time to do that again. :D

Going to go check out a silver, 1997 323F (Forte) with 145k on the clock. I'm not considering trading up, but I'd like to check the condition in case I could recommend it to a friend. 1.5l engine, A/C, 4500eur.

Is it just me, but does 4500? sound a bit steep?

My dad had a car exactly like this a few years ago:

L01.jpg

Longer and wider (and probably heavier) than a Chevy Express van, seats six, and never gave us any more trouble than being a bit difficult to start after a winter's storage.

^^ When the economy picks up, someone needs to resurrect the Deusenberg name on a car that can utterly crush the Veyron - while carrying four people in style.

Isn't that already happening? I heard something vaguely like that...

I was in a Toyota commercial van in Jamaica. It had a manual gearbox. It was dogleg. I lol'ed.

The People who work in car sales are scumbags ... a friend just bought a used car from a quite big dealer here in town right after christmas. Not a great deal, but not a bad one either, car made a really good impression. No chance of getting the registration done that day (and my friend went on holiday over new year) so the contract was signed, car stayed at the dealer. Dealer said to send the paperwork via mail so that my friend could register it and pick it up early this week. Papers still not arrived on Monday. Called dealer. Said Papers were "long send" before new year, Postal Service delay due to weather (in the same town? but he ran with it), must arrive tomorrow. No Papers in the Post still yesturday. Called dealer again. "Send them last year, don?t know where they are, must be postal delay still, be paitent".
Papers arrived today. Postagestamp clearly dates from YESTURDAY :mad:. No excuse, no call, no "sorry, we messed up" or "oh we forgot to post them, you can pick them up here.". And they were lying about the previous owners (it was a company car for two years, not with a private owner) too. Car will be picked up tomorrow. 5 days late. From a dealer that feels that the best way top do buisness in a "car sales crisis" is by lying to his customers. I?m in the mood to join my friend tomorrow ... and to bring a basball-bat* ... :mad:

* not seriously of course, I?m a civilized man ... I?d bring something more deadly ... a lawyer.

Yep. Duesies were pumping out over 300hp in the '30s. I believe they even the set the record for fastest car at the same time (120mph). Unfortunately it would cost a shitton to develop a Veyron killer. So unless Bill Gates decides to do it, I don't see it happening.

They did a good job getting the bloodstains out of that cream leather :p

They wash it out with some white wine :p

Just saw a ad for some question answersing service you use with your phone...anyways, they all rolled up in Smart ForTwo's...with lambo doors....:no:

Just saw a ad for some question answersing service you use with your phone...anyways, they all rolled up in Smart ForTwo's...with lambo doors....:no:

Even worse, they're calling themselves "The KGB." They should be rolling up in black Volgas while wearing trenchcoats or greatcoats.

Even worse, they're calling themselves "The KGB." They should be rolling up in black Volgas while wearing trenchcoats or greatcoats.

:lol::lol:

Now that, would actually be a kickass commercial!