Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

They fixed it in the BOB, the last incarnation of the Cologne, if I recall correctly.

The BOA and BOB is based on the 2.9. So they are both chain-driven.

Yeah, but they strenghtened the system to make it pretty failproof.

I know they improved the chain-drive on the BOB, but thats a bit off-topic form the fact that the older V6-engines where gear-driven :p

Is it okay to put two different tires, thought with the same specifications, e.g. two Michelin Energy Saver in the rear, two other from another brand in the front, thought they're all 175/65 R14.

You really shouldn't do that. It will make the car drive funny and could actually cause problems if you drive like that for extended periods of time.

Is it okay to put two different tires, thought with the same specifications, e.g. two Michelin Energy Saver in the rear, two other from another brand in the front, thought they're all 175/65 R14.
short answer: NO!
long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's illegal to have different tyres on one axle, except in emergency situations.

Not that I think it's a good idea, but he's not talking about different tires on the same axle unless he's got a really funky car with front-to-back axles.

Coming home I saw a C-class W204 taxi that had been T-boned by a beige 323 Familia. Heaps of snow in intersections + dark evenings + not looking extra carefully around you when driving = fender benders.

I wish I never knew about Pokemon. Everytime I see
2004_toyota_mr2_spyder_convertible_left_front_yellow.JPG

I think
pikachu.jpg

Problem is there's one of them for sale near here at a reasonable price in that retina-searing yellow. How do you induce selective color-blindness?

Nice build quality! Suddently even the 80's GM products look good compared to that :D

Did that moron really pay 12k$ for that peace of crap?

Last edited:
Not that I think it's a good idea, but he's not talking about different tires on the same axle unless he's got a really funky car with front-to-back axles.

Well, my car's a Citroen, so you never know. :lol:

Just came back from the shop, got the new tires on it, drives like a new car. :mrgreen:

I would actually like to try out a ZX Volcane. Mainly because the name is really cool :cool:

quick silly question :

say you're doing an emergency stop,let's say the light just turned red. You bury the brake pedal and keep it there until you stop quite voilently. You then keep braking, until the light turns green. As soon as you let off the brake, you feel the rear of your car drop down a bit and settle...

why is this? As soon as you're stopped, why does keeping the brakes on keep your ass end up high?

Isnt it because you have locked the wheels at a slightly unbalanced angle?

If you keep enough pressure on the brakes to keep them "locked" in place, the rear will drop because there was an extreme amount of weight transfer that made the rear higher than normal. This happens under light braking to, just not enough to notice most times.