Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Wait...how tall are you guys? I am about 6'3 and I can fit in an Elise just fine. I mean my legs are a mess getting in there, and are kinda squished sitting down, but I still fit in it.

Maybe it is because I am a goalie...and kinda flexible and don't mind being kinda cramped?

i'm about the same height as you, but my height is in my torso, so my legs fit while seated, but the roof is too low.

i'm about the same height as you, but my height is in my torso, so my legs fit while seated, but the roof is too low.

Fortunately my hight is in my pants so I don't have an issue. :wicked:

Hmm, how does it compare to a TR6 in size? I used to fit in there pretty easily, easier than an SLK at any rate.

Smaller. Roughly the same as a Spitfire.

Last edited:
It's odd. Not too long ago Ford was: Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin. Now, Ford and Lincoln.

You're only 16 though, that could very well change. ;)
My growth has slowed a lot in the past year, I would need new pants every month because I was growing so fast but now I'm evening out. I'm nearly 6' tall but my height is in my legs so it's a pain when it comes to things like fitting in cars.

It's odd. Not too long ago Ford was: Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Aston Martin. Now, Ford and Lincoln.

A step in the right direction. Imagine the automotive market if everything was owned by a single company. -shivers-

Except all those sans Aston will/are owned by another automaker.

My growth has slowed a lot in the past year, I would need new pants every month because I was growing so fast but now I'm evening out. I'm nearly 6' tall but my height is in my legs so it's a pain when it comes to things like fitting in cars.

Curse you tall people!

/is relatively short at 5'8. :p

Try being 4'11 / 149cm.

I have trouble fully depressing the clutch in many cars without my left leg getting tired from stretching, and can't see well out of others. :-( But at least I know I could fit nicely into tiny deathtrap microcars if I really wanted to. :lol:

Try being 4'11 / 149cm.

I have trouble fully depressing the clutch in many cars without my left leg getting tired from stretching, and can't see well out of others. :-( But at least I know I could fit nicely into tiny deathtrap microcars if I really wanted to. :lol:

You could always do what that kid did in The Temple of Doom.

Except all those sans Aston will/are owned by another automaker.

http://www.astonmartin.com/thecompany/historytimeline
1987 - Ford Motor Company acquires a 75% shareholding in Aston Martin
1994 - Ford Motor Company acquires 100% holding in Aston Martin

Perhaps you meant Morgan? And I would add Bristol to the list too, they won't remember to stop production any time soon either:
Blenheim3G1.jpg

Yes, that is a brand new (probably) Blenheim 3G as shown on their website.

You must of stopped reading, as Ford sold Aston in 2007.
But there is precedent for Aston being owned by another car company

Ford never owned Morgan nor Bristol. What the hell are you talking about?
http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcfo...s/497402/Re_What_s_happened_to_TVR#Post497402 :
"Some years ago, Soichiro Honda, the late founder of the Honda Motor Company, reviewed the way the motor industry was restructuring itself, with smaller marques being swallowed up to become part of even bigger conglomerates, usually to become niche badges in a global business increasingly dominated by mergers and economies of scale. Mr. Honda, another of that increasingly rare breed with his own name over the door, observed - accurately as it would turn out - that eventually there would only be half a dozen major car makers in the world. Then after a pause he added. 'and Morgan'."

I thought you got inspiration from that quote and had simply confused Aston and Morgan. Also I firmly believe that Bristol will still be making cars when most of us are dead or the car and all similar products are dead.