Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

It's got wheels, doors, seats, a steering wheel, a V8 and an automatic transmission, just like your Crown Victoria :p

Should I go dig up pictures of my old Lincoln? *cough* 20 feet long *cough* 5000lbs *cough* 7.5L V8 *cough* No, ok.

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4163.JPG

And I actually owned this 68 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special:
DC0007L.jpg

Last edited:
At 180 mph, maybe he just lost track of time and before he knew it was in the middle of Switzerland :lol:

I did that once and discovered I'd somehow managed to ride into Arizona from New Mexico without realizing it. Yay for turboed ZX-11Ds. :p

Well, in the case of Switzerland, that would likely still involve running over a customs officer. But I couldn't blame anyone too much for not noticing crossing the border from Germany to Austria - the road signs are still the same colour and in German...

:lol: no I do not think so'

edit: She was apparently from peabody. I bet the dealer puts an age limit on their test drives. :lol:

Last edited:
So I just got back from test driving a 1992 190E, don't remember which engine. The engine ran rough at low idle, the speedo didn't work. The car ran fine and smooth at cruising speed, no visible rust underneath, clean body, the paint was gone to crap, the interior was in decent shape. I loved it and would have bought it were it just down to me but my Dad said no.

Should I go dig up pictures of my old Lincoln? *cough* 20 feet long *cough* 5000lbs *cough* 7.5L V8 *cough* No, ok.

My X tips the scales at just over 5,600 lb.

So I just got back from test driving a 1992 190E, don't remember which engine. The engine ran rough at low idle, the speedo didn't work. The car ran fine and smooth at cruising speed, no visible rust underneath, clean body, the paint was gone to crap, the interior was in decent shape. I loved it and would have bought it were it just down to me but my Dad said no.

The sad part is that even in the rough shape you describe, that car is *still* better than the C-class that replaced it. And, by extension, all the other compact cars ever sold in the US.

You can't even begin to imagine what I would give to have my Fiesta in Vancouver and not rent this abomination :p

Couldn't you rent a smaller car? :p

In other news, I finally experienced one reason why many people consider Prius drivers ultra douches. I got cut off not once but twice by two different Prius drivers rushing about. You'd think they'd drive conservatively (for fuel economy and all that...) but nope, they cut off people then slam on the brakes at the last minute to turn a corner...:S

The sad part is that even in the rough shape you describe, that car is *still* better than the C-class that replaced it. And, by extension, all the other compact cars ever sold in the US.
Oh yeah and on top of that it had 238K miles on it and if it were fixed up a little it would do another 238K miles.

In other news, I finally experienced one reason why many people consider Prius drivers ultra douches. I got cut off not once but twice by two different Prius drivers rushing about. You'd think they'd drive conservatively (for fuel economy and all that...) but nope, they cut off people then slam on the brakes at the last minute to turn a corner...:S

"But its still saving the environment"

Well, the only other one available this day was a Chrysler Town & Country and I didn't really want to kill myself...

I'm being harsh on the Suburban, it was quite fun to drive for one day :-D

The weight saving engineless RX7 is still available. :p