Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Someone decided to scrape my car and not leave a note. I'm now pursuing police action. Hopefully, the offender was caught on tape.

Picture

Would the police even do anything? Some fucker actually dented my hood in to the point it wouldn't open and without a witness I had nothing. Insurance wouldn't help either because without proof someone else did it counts as an at fault accident.

I filed a report today. They're supposedly going to review the tapes and confront the perpetrator, but they'll surely deny it and the officer told me the same thing, it's out of my pocket if there's no witness and the suspect won't confess. How nice. I'm not looking forward to dealing with any of this crap if the camera didn't get a good picture. I'll be driving around looking ragged or footing the bill myself- which I don't have the funds to do.

Well all I can say is don't cheap out on where you repair it. My hood is actually worse then when I brought it in because they just bondo'd it and painted it badly. I can't really afford to have it fixed again either and now it looks embarrassingly bad. At least no one will notice your damage unless they are walking next to your car.

Just noticed that the Funny Pictures thread is on page 1275, is it sad that the first thing I thought of was this...

2258899589_d4355b79ee.jpg

The 1275cc A-Series engine, the biggest A-Series engine and went in loads of cars, all of the BMC ADO16 range, the Mini, the MG Midget, Allegro and Marina.
I probably shouldn't know all this crap...

why I think most audi drivers are a bunch of twats

choose_audi.jpg

you can't beat FWD in the snow and you can't beat RWD everywhere else

Last edited:
I don't get it...

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/09/18/audeer_001.jpg

edit: modified image to fix the tyre mark discrepancy

Last edited:
is that a snow deer on the right?

Last edited:
it's meant to be :p

:rofl:

I didn't scroll up to the original so I couldn't work out what the 'Audi' was initially.

"You must spread some upside-down around before giving it to Blayde again."

why I think most audi drivers are a bunch of twats

Ohh the amount of ignorance in this post.

Brother Michael, stage is yours.

edit: Oh and just noticed what you did there, Blayde. :rofl:

Last edited:

Except, you know, if you have AWD/4WD. My 4WD Pathfinder went places that FWD cars could only dream of in the freak ice storms earlier this year.

I didn't say omgomgomg RWD > everything.

I was trying to simulate the same level of ignorance as in the photo.

And that thing with the snow tyres, yes I was wrong at first but after some more driving I stand corrected.

I didn't say omgomgomg RWD > everything.

I was trying to simulate the same level of ignorance as in the photo.

Well, at least you simulated a level of ignorance. Quite efficiently even.

Someone decided to scrape my car and not leave a note. I'm now pursuing police action. Hopefully, the offender was caught on tape.

Picture

Yikes. At least they didn't rip off both mirrors then decide to place one on the hood of the car, as if they were somehow saying sorry....

Good thing you have cameras in the parking garage. The storage lot where I parked at had some, but no one found who the culprits were. 8 cars got vandalized at random with bashed headlights, ripped bumper skins and such.

I'm glad I have enough credits to park in the resident lot now. :)

Geez, I'd be a little more than mad if someone ripped my mirrors off. I hope the police get the guy because I noticed yet more damage this afternoon, there's a chunk of paint missing on the bumper and my taillight is cracked.

My condolences, that is so infuriating. And even worse is that they rarely catch these bastards.. :(

edit: just realized which car was yours. Give 'em hell. Or at least a repair bill.

Last edited: