Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I love sellers who insist on selling things based on some idiotic price guide. Hey dip shit, your Peugeot with a broken air conditional and oil leak isn't worth $2,500.

But most people who have no idea how much something's worth will just go on the price guide.

Or they could look at similar cars for sale.

Also what would cause my brake light, blinker, and gas gauge to all go haywire at once. Please tell me it's not the computer and just the shoddy electrics :|

Today I popped the hood to investigate mysterious wiper fluid disappearance and I see in the corner of my eye movement and a tiny fuzzy brow head.
:|
The answer to the question of what makes a brake light, blinker, and gas gauge (and now wiper hose) to all break at once is there is a mouse in my engine bay. That fucker must be chewing on the wires and hoses. FUCK. HOW DO YOU DE MOUSE CARS? Does someone have a snake I can borrow?

Katwalk must have Kat right? :p Anyways how on earth did a mouse get stuck inside a engine bay??? Does it like the heat or something??

No unfortunately I have a very useless toothless dog. My mother is allergic to cats.
And it's not stuck it was rather out in the open then ran back behind where the heater vents are :|

No unfortunately I have a very useless toothless dog. My mother is allergic to cats.
And it's not stuck it was rather out in the open then ran back behind where the heater vents are :|

Edit: I am amazed at the daftness of the general population. I say "there is a mouse in the engine bay" and they say "stop leaving food in the car" WHY WOULD THERE BE FOOD IN THE ENGINE BAY. I think I would notice the big gaping hole in the dash required for a mouse to get from the engine to the passenger compartment.

Last edited:
We had mice living in our Ford Explorer, I can't remember exactly what they ate appart from it was covered in silver foil and insulating foam stuff...
Not that long after we sold it when we couldn't afford the petrol it used, complete with broken self-leveling suspension and a imobiliser that wouldn't work if around a radio mast broadcasting police or firestation signals... :lol:

Stil it served us well, carrying hay and straw, bags of animal feed, driving around fields, towing next doors stranded Jeep Cheroke that sunk in mud and transporting piglets from the Scottish Borders to Aberdeenshire in the boot. So far its the biggest, roomiest car we've ever had, and was the 1st with leather seats and air-con. :cool:

I don't suppose you were able to get rid of the mice and remember how you did it?

I find its a rarity that the price guide is higher than the actual price. I haven't really come across an instance like that.

Things are different over here. Price guides are either way to low (Edmunds) or way to high (all classic car guides).

We had mice living in our Ford Explorer, I can't remember exactly what they ate appart from it was covered in silver foil and insulating foam stuff...
Not that long after we sold it when we couldn't afford the petrol it used, complete with broken self-leveling suspension and a imobiliser that wouldn't work if around a radio mast broadcasting police or firestation signals... :lol:

Stil it served us well, carrying hay and straw, bags of animal feed, driving around fields, towing next doors stranded Jeep Cheroke that sunk in mud and transporting piglets from the Scottish Borders to Aberdeenshire in the boot. So far its the biggest, roomiest car we've ever had, and was the 1st with leather seats and air-con. :cool:

They sold the Exploder in the U.K?

They sold the Exploder in the U.K?

Apparently so, according to wikipedia they only imported the 4.0l engine model and stopped in 2002. I think ours was either a 2000 or a 2001, either way it looked like this one and was RHD.
AETV42476422_2.jpg

It was that or a Land Rover Defender and was supposed to be used as a 2nd car in winter or for lugging heavy stuff around. But all the Defenders and Series Land Rovers we could afford were knackered and rusting so we bought the Explorer.

However due to it being considerably better appointed than our other car, a early 90s Rover 214, we started using it daily and it cost a fortune to fuel.
And when it started to go wrong parts were hard to get and expensive so we sold it on.

Today I popped the hood to investigate mysterious wiper fluid disappearance and I see in the corner of my eye movement and a tiny fuzzy brow head.
The answer to the question of what makes a brake light, blinker, and gas gauge (and now wiper hose) to all break at once is there is a mouse in my engine bay. That fucker must be chewing on the wires and hoses. FUCK. HOW DO YOU DE MOUSE CARS? Does someone have a snake I can borrow?

There are pest repellents and poisons in block form you can get to put in there. Cayenne pepper powder seems to work as well- get a spray bottle with water in it and wet down the areas you don't want mice in, then put on the pepper powder, it will stick to the water (and whatever was wet) then when the mice come along it will stick to them and burn a bit and they'll get the hint and leave. My grandmother used to keep steel wool in her engine bay to deter the mice, they will not chew through that stuff, but you have to put it where they like to nest.

Unfortunately, if you've already got electrical problems they've already been chewing your wires, which means an expensive fix. We had a squirrel chew on the main engine harness in my moms' old truck one time, that was $1900.

It is a volkswagen so if I hadn't seen the mouse I would have just assumed it was well, being a volkswagen, so I don't know it it is entirely mouse related or just normal shit wiring. The wiper hose is defiantly mouse related as it got worse since this morning and the mouse was right there >:

I can spray the hose with shit but I don't think I could get to the wires without tools, and at that point I would find the mouse anyway so why bother with repellent when you can hit it with said tools.

It is a volkswagen so if I hadn't seen the mouse I would have just assumed it was well, being a volkswagen, so I don't know it it is entirely mouse related or just normal shit wiring. The wiper hose is defiantly mouse related as it got worse since this morning and the mouse was right there >:

I can spray the hose with shit but I don't think I could get to the wires without tools, and at that point I would find the mouse anyway so why bother with repellent when you can hit it with said tools.

Because you know that where there is one mouse, there are many mice. Removing one does not solve the problem.

I had a nice little drive around the local countryside, and saw three new CLS Mercs and one heavily disguised soft-top Merc roadster. I guess it had to be SLS Roadster, because the next SL is likely going to keep the folding metal roof. But I failed to take any pictures :/

Someone decided to scrape my car and not leave a note. I'm now pursuing police action. Hopefully, the offender was caught on tape.

Picture

Apparently, I didn't sustain the damage while my car was in the garage. I got a call today from the police officer I was assigned informing me that the damage must have been done elsewhere. I find this highly unlikely. I plan to try to get the tapes myself and see. I won't be able to attend to the damage until the summer at the earliest.

Fuck you, asshole.

It could be worse. See sig. picture.

at least the possum intake adds 15-20 hp