Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Almost got some wood on my car:

auto1.jpg

auto2.jpg

If you need tips on how to park your car on a perfect spot before the storm, just contact me. :p

Last edited:
This morning I saw two red 996 cabriolets in the matter of 5 minutes. Coincidence?

Lots of trees always fall on my street lately, loan me some tree repellent?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/21/report-ferdinand-piech-finalizes-will-that-protects-his-vw-pors/

Ferdinand Karl Pi?ch, head of the Volkswagen Supervisory Board and grandson of Ferdinand Porsche, knows that nothing lasts forever ? especially, life. The VW boss man has his mind on his money while his family has his money on their minds.

Pi?ch, born in 1937, has recently shifted his holdings into two Austrian foundations; Ferdinand Karl Alpha and Ferdinand Karl Beta. The reason behind this move is to protect the company in the event of his death. That's to say, if he dies his family can't start selling off shares like platinum hot cakes. His wife Ursula Pi?ch will assume control of the foundations upon his passing.

As stipulated in his will, the assets can be sold only when the managing board, the advisory board of the trust and at least nine of Pi?ch's 12 children all provide a "yes" vote. As you would expect, some members of the family are a little miffed. Also, under the stipulations presented in the will, Mrs. Pi?ch is not allowed re-marry or divorce Ferdinand after he passes on. If she does go out and find a new hubby, she gives up control of the foundations.

What an ass.

I'm halfway through the wait to get my new car... the anticipation is excruciating!

Time is literally moving so slowly for me now, it feels like it's been a week and a half since I closed the deal but it's only been a day and a half. :p

I haven't a clue how people order a car from Europe or Japan and wait months for it to be built and shipped over. That's madness!

The F has a new camcover gasket now. No new shock mount rubbers/bearings, as it's apparently impossible to source affordable repro ones that fit, and I was quoted 188 euro apiece for original parts by Mazda.

I'm halfway through the wait to get my new car... the anticipation is excruciating!

Time is literally moving so slowly for me now, it feels like it's been a week and a half since I closed the deal but it's only been a day and a half. :p

I haven't a clue how people order a car from Europe or Japan and wait months for it to be built and shipped over. That's madness!

What did you end up buying?
I am sure you posted it, but I am lazy and don?t wanna search. :p

Excellent, I found instructions how to fix the damned washer warning light that's been bugging me for ages. The sensor's floater absorbs liquid and sinks to the bottom, and results in the low level light being permanently on. It's a pain to reach, but by fixing the floater it can be rectified.

My insurance is down to 1050$! fuck yes. If they only knew how I drove....

Almost got some wood on my car:

If you need tips on how to park your car on a perfect spot before the storm, just contact me. :p

Looks like morning wood :unsure:

Crossposting from my PYC thread as I figure the Random Thoughts crowd will have a giggle at seeing what exactly broke my engine.

37c59295.jpg

Note: For long piston and engine life, try using fuel injection instead of Torx bit injection. The more you know!

I actually want to do a custom order when I do buy a new car. (not anytime soon) Just to be different from everyone who buys off the lot, and you get a car just how you want it.

Win win all around.