Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That's because you live in a state that's run by people who are the definition of fail, as CrazyJeeper points out the proper alternative. :D If your university administration were smart and really concerned for the environment, they would encourage people to use motorcycles instead of those "evil polluting cars". Let me guess, hybrids get special privs too, right?
Nope. Despite being state of fluffy liberalness they don't give a shit about hybrids or anything like that.
They would rather you drive multiple vehicles so you have to pay for multiple stickers. The only people who get special spots are handicapped ones, honestly though I think 15 spaces is excessive when I have seen maybe three filled.

Also, I believe I complained earlier in this thread about the overflow lot and it's pointy fist sized gravel? I don't think you would have to walk a motorcycle in and even if you could you could never get it to stand up, which means a motorcyclist would get screwed out of what I think are the most convenient spaces on south campus.

That's the problem with university parking, too little and often times filled up before 9 or 10 am. (Except Fridays, since everyone parties on Thursday night.)

I usually get to school from 8-8:30 so I can get parking in a decent spot.

QFMFT. It gets especially bad when the parking lot is improperly designed and there's not enough space to maneuver even a city car, thank god they're essentially doubling the parking space and campus size for that matter

Nope. Despite being state of fluffy liberalness they don't give a shit about hybrids or anything like that.
They would rather you drive multiple vehicles so you have to pay for multiple stickers. The only people who get special spots are handicapped ones, honestly though I think 15 spaces is excessive when I have seen maybe three filled.

Also, I believe I complained earlier in this thread about the overflow lot and it's pointy fist sized gravel? I don't think you would have to walk a motorcycle in and even if you could you could never get it to stand up, which means a motorcyclist would get screwed out of what I think are the most convenient spaces on south campus.

A dualsport or offroad bike could deal with it. :D

Not even the hybrids get bonuses here at my University and I live in CA, the Hybrid-friendly state. They give good discounts if you bring other people though through carpooling. I don't know anyone who comes to school as early as I do so it wouldn't work for me. My school has about 400 parking spots and sells about 1600 parking placards. Motorcycle parking is cheaper, I think it's like $55 or $60 for a sticker. They really encourage you to take the bus or ride your bike to school though. We can ride the bus for free anywhere by sliding our University ID through the bus card reader. I think I'm going to be doing that next semester.

Edit: Unfortunately they can't expand parking because it's built in a really crowded downtown type of area and there just isn't room at all for any more parking. *Houses and businesses all around the school. Grumble grumble*

Last edited:
Possibly the driving over it part, but I think there is about 2-3" or super loose gravel over mud so you better have an elaborate kickstand solution as a normal one won't cut it.

Actually if you can come up with such a thing that would be kind of perfect as if the man who tells you where to park isn't there (about a 50/50 shot) you can park where ever the fuck you want on the lot meaning with a motorcycle would be right next to the steps.

That's easy. Just carry a 4"x4"x1" block of wood in your saddle bags. It'll keep the kickstand from sinking into the mud. Works for pretty much anything below the heavyweight tourer class.

Edit: Unfortunately they can't expand parking because it's built in a really crowded downtown type of area and there just isn't room at all for any more parking. *Houses and businesses all around the school. Grumble grumble*

Underground parking structure. Problem solved.

Last edited:
IDK, the gravel rocks are about 3" long themselves....

You know, I wonder if they could pull that off here. I seriously doubt that they could get away with something like that though because the neighbors would complain or something like that. And something about the high cost of making it happen, blerh blerh.

(The school system in CA is very broke and it sucks.)

Yeah from what I can tell the overflow lot was part of the sports fields and they just graveled it up.

IDK, the gravel rocks are about 3" long themselves....

You can carry a larger chunk - there are even commercial ones that fold up. Just work it down into the gravel chunks a bit and it'll take a set.

By the way, they make driveways and parking lots out of just that stuff here, so I'm very familiar with it.

I?ve never claimed to be a bike man-child. In fact I think I can safely say that I?m unequivocally the least bike-interested person in the entire history of the universe. but somehow this bike catches my attention every time I see it.

http://img713.imageshack.**/img713/9316/800pxhondagoldwing1500.jpg

What, the pre-98 Goldwing 1500? Big intercontinental tourer... From the color, I'd say that's probably a 93.

Last edited:
Well, you see, the thing is our university is divided into three campuses, all at different parts of the city. There's a north campus, an east campus, and a south campus. North campus kinda has motorcycle parking, although it's just an unmarked slab that asshole maintenance workers regularly park there vans in :censored:. East campus allegedly has moto parking, but I've never been there nor do I have classes there. South Campus (the one where I have the majority of my classes) has no motorcycle parking.

Edit, Oh and Spectre, do you think HEL will start mass producing those lines? :drool:

Last edited:
Well, you see, the thing is our university is divided into three campuses, all at different parts of the city. There's a north campus, an east campus, and a south campus. North campus allegedly has motorcycle parking, although it's just an unmarked slab that asshole maintenence workers regularly park there vans in :censored:. East campus allegedly has moto parking, but I've never been there nor do I have classes there. South Campus (the one where I have the majority of my classes) has no motorcycle parking.

Edit, Oh and Spectre, do you think HEL will start mass producing those lines? :drool:
SOLUTION: When are your classes? I have been managing decent spaces lately would you like me to leave enough space in front of my car for you to fit your bike? :lol:
My car is about a foot or two shorter than the average car.

SOLUTION: When are your classes? I have been managing decent spaces lately would you like me to leave enough space in front of my car for you to fit your bike? :lol:
My car is about a foot or two shorter than the average car.

Hahaha thanx, but now that some people have dropped out, I think there are some free spaces.

What, the pre-98 Goldwing 1500? Big intercontinental tourer... From the color, I'd say that's probably a 93.

Goldwings in general, they're like a bike but they have stereos, satnavs, a trunk, an Airbag for fucks sake.

Perhaps if I ever go crazy enough to ride a bike, I like being surrounded by several tons of metal.

Goldwings in general, they're like a bike but they have stereos, satnavs, a trunk, an Airbag for fucks sake.

Perhaps if I ever go crazy enough to ride a bike, I like being surrounded by several tons of metal.

May want to start out on the old GL500 Silverwings. Alot like the goldwings, just lighter, and more beginner friendly.

Well, you see, the thing is our university is divided into three campuses, all at different parts of the city. There's a north campus, an east campus, and a south campus. North campus allegedly has motorcycle parking, although it's just an unmarked slab that asshole maintenence workers regularly park there vans in :censored:. East campus allegedly has moto parking, but I've never been there nor do I have classes there. South Campus (the one where I have the majority of my classes) has no motorcycle parking.

Fail. :p

No, but now that they have the pattern, they will be able to make them upon request - which is what they do for many of the less common bikes. MSRP is $148, IIRC. Unfortunately, they will not fit your 650 as your bike uses different length hoses. (I don't think there's a three-hose set for those either.)

My hose part numbers (per Honda): 45124-MJ1-673 45125-MJ1-672 45126-MJ1-003
Your hose part numbers: 45124-ME5-013 45125-MG5-672 45126-ME5-013

While our bikes do share some parts and look somewhat similar, there are actually quite a number of detail differences. (Master cylinders are shared between the two, though - same part numbers: 22880-ME5-772 clutch, 45500-ME5-772 for the brake.) If you would like a set, PM me and I'll tell you how to get in with Hel. (Or would that be, into Hel?)

If you would like a set, PM me and I'll tell you how to get in with Hel. (Or would that be, into Hel?)

:lmao:
Ok, when my budget frees up some cash for that I'm definitely gonna be wanting to know how to go to HEL :D.

:lmao:
Ok, when my budget frees up some cash for that I'm definitely gonna be wanting to know how to go to HEL :D.

I expect it'll be warm there this winter, so you might want to go then. :lol:

Oh, and I'll be able to get to that clutch master I'm going to send you sometime this weekend or next week.

Last edited: