Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I don't see why houses next to tracks aren't hyped up as view properties and marketed more towards car nuts who'd appreciate the location.

Of the things I could see out my window, Porsches > mountains. Fact.

You could drive your not-quite-road-legal track car to the track without anyone caring :lol:

Heh, I remember seeing apartments above some of the garages at MSR-Houston. I think they may be more for guests or something, though. Either way, hooooooly crap. Best location ever. :lol:

Just spent my sleeping time trying to convince my friend not to buy a BMW X6. I don't think it worked :S

Apparently anyone who wears a white racing helmet is the Stig now.

They are here in Texas. See: Motorsport Ranch, Racers Ranch and even the condos At Texas Motor Speedway. In less enlightened or NIMBY/BANANA-infested states, they're not. Even in some Texas cities, they're like that - which is why we STILL don't have a track in the West Dallas floodplain.
Those fucking NIMBYs are down in Austin trying to stop the building of the F1 track, luckily the supporters are more vocal towards the government and the company building it.

Someone....somewhere commutes to my school in a Lotus Elise.....

I must see this mythical white whale for myself....:)

Someone near me commutes to somewhere in an Elise, they must because I see it enough going the opposite way on the highway when I am doing my own commute.

Someone near me commutes to somewhere in an Elise, they must because I see it enough going the opposite way on the highway when I am doing my own commute.

Is it green? I see one coming into Boston once in a while during my commute.

Nope, white. Apparently there are 2 then.

I see a silver one in my town.

I dunno what color it is, I just know one exists because my roomie sees one in the commuter lot. :)

Elises = :wub:

They should transfer here! There's an Exige here already, but it's impossible to have too many Lotuses around! Simply impossible, I say. Also, want. Lots. Badly.

Elises = :wub:

They should transfer here! There's an Exige here already, but it's impossible to have too many Lotuses around! Simply impossible, I say. Also, want. Lots. Badly.

noooo. I sure hope not, esp. said Ship Elise driver is of the opposite sex...:wicked:

There is a black Esprit that I see every once and a while driving around where I live... damn I love that car.

Some improvisation from the Volcano...

CrazyJeeper found the shop stool a bit too uncomfortable. He then stuck a motorcycle saddle on it, and it became a lot nicer. :D

09192010726.jpg

Honda has a large four-cavity castellated nut on their motorcycle head stocks. You can get it off a number of different ways, but without the proper tool, it's difficult to torque it back up precisely. Well, I simulated the proper tool (which isn't cheap and has a long lead time) by attacking a cheap 30-something-millimeter socket with a die grinder. Works great. :D

09192010727.jpg