Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Finally have time to post this. Won the SPOKES and San Antonio Sports Car Association Tire class AutoX year end championship this Sunday. :woot: I am so pumped I cant believe. In three and a half years go from a bumbling novice to class champion. Not bad. Now on to try and say active as I finish school.

Last edited:
93937.jpg

This doesn't even make sense on paper. How would stabilizing your 12V current help your ECU? And they charge you $60 for it? :lol:

If you really wanted to save fuel, you could just go to your trusted mechanic, give him $100 and have him retard your exhaust cam by a couple of degrees. It won't increase your peak power, but it will give you better mileage and more power in the low range rpm.

Haha, yep, I saw it on Consumerist :p (who's been under CR control for a while now)

Yeah, right. There are too many things wrong with that to even know where to start.

LMAO, nice cutaway shot.

Call me crazy, but I think he's being sarcastic.

110% correct :)

This doesn't even make sense on paper. How would stabilizing your 12V current help your ECU? And they charge you $60 for it? :lol:

If you really wanted to save fuel, you could just go to your trusted mechanic, give him $100 and have him retard your exhaust cam by a couple of degrees. It won't increase your peak power, but it will give you better mileage and more power in the low range rpm.

The advert sounds pretty convincing...I could see people falling for it. :(

When I hear something like "climate controlled garage" I usually think its something like a garage that's insulated and heated/cooled along with the rest of the house, or if its a detached garage, one that has its own furnace and AC unit, like a house.

.....even though I don't have the money or need for something like that, nor do I know anybody that has the money or need for something like that, so I wouldn't actually know :p

Park in your living room?

If I designed a house, the ability to do that would be one of my main requirements. With anything up to a midsize truck. (US definition of midsize, F-150, Ram 1500, etc)

Seriously.

.......I probably would never make it as an architect.

I like that house
I want to put my car in the house

If those floor panels drop away to reveal a lift and a work pit, I'm there.

What was wrong with pushing?

Sometimes the staff isn't on hand to help you push.