Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

On a similar note, one of my dad's friends' Landcruiser Prado started having weird engine/tranny vibrations at >1300RPM. Halfshafts maybe?

edit: Or maybe not, I think it shakes relative to engine RPM and not road speed. So it's probably something in the gearbox or engine.

Wikipedia said:
In Spain it was known to have an injector problem that caused the engines to stop or run slowly. In extreme cases it could cause permanent damage to the cylinder or piston. Dealers were known to change the injectors up to seven years after the purchase of the vehicle.

Could be this.

Last edited:
2011-TechArt-Porsche-Panamera-GrandGT-Carbon-Kit-Front-And-Side-1920x1440.jpg

2011-TechArt-Porsche-Panamera-GrandGT-Carbon-Kit-Rear-And-Side-1600x1200.jpg

Not really a Panamera fan, but I think this looks good.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'll be honest, the Panamera is growing on me.

I really like the Panamera. Especially since its looks are dictated by other contraints the engineers didn't want to compromise. Form follows function. I'm a sucker for that, I hate those overdesigned monstrosities the other supercar companies are churning out by the dozen.

Neither of which are in production :p

They were faster and more expensive anyway. I'm just surprised it's still around, I've never heard of or seen it outside of Gran Turismo. That and the shock of Toyota making a genuinely interesting vehicle.

I have ridin in one and every sport truck out there. The Tacoma was way too long!!! I don't believe they even offered a Regular cab but every R/T Club Cab had some sort of drive shaft issue so i bet the X Runner did as well.

I would wip up on the SRT-10's all day in AutoX in my Dakota R/T. If your going to make a sport truck why pick the Biggest/Heaviest? The new Raptor looks good though :)

http://www.ford.com/f150raptor/?searchid=426441|28121033|205363816

Maybe not as a street performance truck but all around I think Ford is headed in the right direction with the performance truck as long as you can get a regular cab :).

Last edited:
A Saab dealership in Cape Cod is trying to unload a 2010 9-5 Aero at $13k off MSRP in the classifieds section of an enthusiast website.

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/class/9-5.html

When they can't sell new Saabs in the Kennedys' back yard, you know they're in trouble.

I'm dying to test drive a new 95 when they finally get here.

is that the one that Kurt Vonnegut worked at?
Nope, that dealership is no longer in business: http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091229/BIZ/912290301
I'm dying to test drive a new 95 when they finally get here.
First you'll have to get over the interior; there's at least two Joan Rivers worth of cheap plastic on the dashboard, all in a matte gray that's best described as discount imitation "cool". Rumor has it that they're changing materials this year or next, and not a moment too soon.

After seeing a few in person, I must say I now like it.

Agreed, seeing one a few times in person's what sold me on the looks. Its definitely more translatable in person rather than looking on the computer.

As I said, I just thought that particular one looked decent.

Some of the other tuner ones, on the other hand....

*shudder*