Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no! Here goes quality and free updates for Navigon. WHY?? WHYYYYYY?

swiss-francs-5.jpg

Fuckin' eh. $2200 for the repair of the Ford. PTU system completely needs to be replaced.

/ramen for the next 5 months

Fuckin' eh. $2200 for the repair of the Ford. PTU system completely needs to be replaced.

Ouch!

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah no! Here goes quality and free updates for Navigon. WHY?? WHYYYYYY?

Guess Navigon's more popular in Europe...they tried to enter the market here but ...yeah that didn't turn out too well. The only Navigon thing you can buy here are smartphone apps now.

Garmin offers gps systems with lifetime navigation updates included in the price of the unit. That's something at least, who knows maybe they'll keep doing updates for existing Navigon units.

*sucks air sharply* ouch! :/

Last edited:
Saw a Mazda 2 on my way to school, that's a great looking little car.

Wait until every third car on the road is a Mazda2, like where I live, and then you'll realise that its just another dull Japanese appliance with a smiley face. The Fiesta, which isn't exactly uncommon, is such a refreshing design compared to the Mazda, and for that matter most other superminis.

I don't like cars with smiley faces. It makes it look as though the designers couldn't be bothered making a good looking car, so they made it 'cute' instead. Mind you, that makes it popular with the under-25 female demographic, which along with the over-60 female demographic, makes up probably 90% of Mazda2 buyers.

I am a female under 25 and do approve of the mazda smiley faces.

I'd have a fiesta though, they're faster and cheaper.

The Honda Civic is just as loud and uninsulated as I remember.

Which one?

My brother's '06 (8th-gen) has pretty good noise insulation.

06-civic-hero.jpg

You had an '04 Coupe (7th-gen), right?

acdd8a20040415210702088.jpg

Last edited:
Right, and the 8th gen was just as loud.

American version of this is going to be $1.8mil.

zenvo-st1.jpg

and comes with this:

zenvo-aspen1.jpg

My cousin has gone from a chipped STi to a CT200h... haven't talked to him yet, can't imagine what made him switch.

Head trauma?

Possibly.

He lives in SoCal so my best guess is the gas prices broke his wallet? Just watched Brian Cooley's review on CNET and I really can't find anything to like about it.

Broke his wallet so much he had to go out and buy a new Lexus? :rolleyes:

I never understand people who buy an expensive new car and care about gas mileage, at least in the US while fuel is relatively cheap.

I guess you don't get the LA mentality... nobody holds on to cars longer than a few years there, at least those who have the means to change cars.

And while fuel is relatively cheap, from what I know SoCal has some of the highest prices in the US and aside from that, whatever gas you buy you waste sitting in traffic or driving 120 miles just to visit your parents on the other side of town.

Hard to get into LA mentality when you live in the real world, where money is an issue.

If you have "the means to change cars" then marginal changes to the fuel bills should be no issue.

Define marginal.

Also, this is just my cousin and I was just making a wild guess.

Edit:
ch.gaschart

Last edited:
Less than buying a new Mercedes or Lexus every 2-3 years.