Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Maybe that person moved there from somewhere with RHD (UK, Australia, etc.) and decided to keep their car?

It's a Legacy, and it may be one of the turbo versions that wasn't officially sold in the US. I could see a US serviceman getting hooked on turbo wagons while serving in the Japanese islands and bringing one home.

Well yeah the postal service is the exception. It's just out of the ordinary around here because alot of people would like to import a car but they say it's really hard to get it licensed. How hard can it be?

So today I was driving on Comm Ave in Boston today when I pull up at a light between a C63 and an M3. They raced to the next light. Eargasm ensued. What was odd though was that the M3 seemed nearly silent compared to the gnarly C63 sound.

Well yeah the postal service is the exception. It's just out of the ordinary around here because alot of people would like to import a car but they say it's really hard to get it licensed. How hard can it be?

I think that if that model wasn't sold in the USDM then it's impossible except if it's 25+ years out of production.

Lamborghini can't decide whether make the astonishing Estoque or a big and ugly SUV. If they will go for the SUV, I will rip all my Lambo posters off my walls!

Those SUVs rack in cash. Porsche was in the shit until the sales of their SUV saved them. If SUVs mean more money to develop sports cars so be it.

That was intended as a military vehicle. It lost to the HMMV so they sold it to the public to recoup cost.

I thought the Estoque was already confirmed, and they were just thinking about the SUV?

At the end of May I did a Lamborghini factory tour, and there some guy said Estoque project was really close to production, but now they don't know what to do, because Porsche is going to be part of the VAG group and "The Estoque might eat sales from the Panamera". Of course he wasn't official spokesman of the company, just a PR guy doing tours for tourists, but he had a point. They also had the Estoque in the museum, and in all details it looked extremely production ready, totally unlike normal carshow prototype.

Those SUVs rack in cash. Porsche was in the shit until the sales of their SUV saved them. If SUVs mean more money to develop sports cars so be it.

Yep, you gotta pay for development somehow. Selling a more mainstream, more accessable, product alongside your traditional standby's is a great way to get much needed funding.

Yeah, as long as Porsche builds cars like GT3 and GT2 and especially limited editions like GT2 RS and GT3 RS 4.0, I'll forgive Cayenne and Panamera. But I do wish they would look better. :)

the panamera looks awesome!
the cayenne is one of the prettiest SUVs running around as well...

I agree on both counts. The current Cayenne looks great. Shocking compared to the old one.

Okay, Cayenne is fine. But the Panamera? I've seen them shitloads in Stuttgart, and so far not a single color and wheel combination have turned it into a great looking car. But maybe I'm overly critical, as I don't find Aston Martin Rapide that pretty either, but still much better than Panamera. Now, Maserati Quattroporte on the other hand... <3

I think that if that model wasn't sold in the USDM then it's impossible except if it's 25+ years out of production.

There is a list of cars that can be legally imported because they are similar enough to US variants. Usually there's no reason to bother because it would be far cheaper to just buy one in the US.

Don't the postal RHD Cherokees have some totally ghetto RHD conversion set-up?