Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

A what?

:p

The_leader_of_the_Knights_Who_Say_Ni.jpg

I bet that one is already taken, but if you can get it - go for it.

So I am seriously considering getting a plate that says "NCC1701" and putting it on my F-150.

Awesome or not?

I don't get it...that's probably very sad..:lol:

EDIT: ahh yeah, I'm not a Trekkie...

Our 2007 Focus' AUX jack is in the stupidest place, in the glove box. We have the Sony unit
I have that same unit in my '09, and the USB and AUX jacks are in the middle arm rest. But that arm rest is an optional extra...

is it just a design flaw?
That particular stereo as a whole is s design flaw. <_< It doesn't even get the time from the RDS signal...

Vehix just named the XTerra as one of their top 5 under-the-radar vehicles:

Remember this OG Gen Y-targeted extreme SUV introduced at the turn of the 21st century? Yeah, it was the Motor Trend SUV of the Year in 2000. Just watching the commercials made me want to take up spelunking or play football on a muddy November day just so I would have an excuse to hose out my car. The Xterra was the Dennis Rodman of SUVs. While other SUVs were going through their identity crisis (I?m talking to you crossovers), the Xterra was there to chew bubble gum and kick butt. Like Rodman, the Xterra understands exactly who it is and its role in the automotive food chain. Like Rodman, its appearance has evolved over the years and we think the 2009 update makes it better looking than ever before. So, for those Gen-Yers going through their quarter-life crisis, don?t forget that you can still break out your surfboard and get extreme once again with the 2011 Nissan Xterra (view photos).

One thing they got wrong, however is that the XTerra has a rather impressive awards list, not just 2000 and Motor Trend:2000 Motor Trend's Sport Utility of the Year

• 2000 North American Truck of the Year
  • 2000 New England Motor Press Association's Winter Vehicle Award of New England for Best in Class - Mini Sport Utility
  • 2001 Named Top Car by AAA New Car and Truck Buying Guide
  • 2005 Named on the Automobile Magazine's 50 Great New Cars list
  • 2006 Nominated as North American Truck of the Year
  • 2006 Motor Trend's Sport Utility of the Year
  • 2006 Motor Trend's Truck Trend's Best Little-Guy SUV Award
  • 2006 Car and Driver Rock-Hopper SUV Winner.[SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Xterra#cite_note-4[/SUP]
  • 2006 4x4 of the Year award from Peterson's 4-Wheel and Off-Road magazine.
  • 2006 Edmunds.com Editor's Most Wanted Vehicle
  • 2009 4Wheeler Magazine's SUV of the Year
  • 2010 Xterra received the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's highest Side-impact Safety Rating (five stars)
Oh, look which year I own. :cool:

Last edited:
And it's really hard to put a motorcycle in the back of a Maybach.

Local guy just bought this, a Lincoln LS LS...or LS1, whichever you prefer. :lol:

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

photo2mdb.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

ls10g.jpg

ls7q.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

Pretty clean swap.

Engine
2002 stock bottom end LS1
- Custom Aluminum Oil Pan with Remote Filter
- Fbody Harness, Computer - Speed Density Tuned
- Stock 241 Heads, Patriot Gold Springs/Retainers, TR Pushrods
- LS1 Intake Manifold
- Thunder Racing TRAK Cam (231/234 .64x/.59x 112LSA)
- BBK Shorty Headers (NEW)
- Custom 2.5" True Dual Exhaust - Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats, Mufflers, Classic Chambered Resonators (can be unbolted and strait pipes added - NEW)
- TR55x Plugs (NEW)
- Ported/Powdercoated Stock TB (NEW)
- Custom C.A.I., Ported/Powdercoated MAF (not needed but used for length - NEW)

Rear & Gear
8" Rear, 3.58 Gears, ABS works, 04 Cobra LSD
Custom Driveshaft (needs rebalancing, some vibration at 70-80 mph)
Stock T-56, New (this year) Master Cylinder, Stock Clutch, Shifts flawlessly.
Pro 5.0, Cobra Shift Knob

^ holy shit, that's awesome.