Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The 2013 Mustang configuration just came online. Gotta Have It Green is available on the V6 and GT (no longer just on the Boss 302):drool:

This is a very good thing.

Last edited:
He wouldnt be able to see over that bonnet. A car with speedometer and revcounter in the center console is very ungerman.

I spent two and a half hours learning about, not car seats, but the mechanisms which adjust the seats (the seats are made by a different company). Hopefully this crash course will result in a job in the automotive industry :)

Also, first interview I've ever had which required an interpreter.

I spent two and a half hours learning about, not car seats, but the mechanisms which adjust the seats (the seats are made by a different company). Hopefully this crash course will result in a job in the automotive industry :)

Also, first interview I've ever had which required an interpreter.

Nice. Those things are fun aren't they? I had to design one for my CAD class.
What company if you don't mind me asking?

The 2013 Mustang configuration just came online. Gotta Have It Green is available on the V6 and GT (no longer just on the Boss 302):drool:

This is a very good thing.
Now if only every asshole on the planet would take advantage of all the nice colors car manufacturers offer these days and stop buying beige, dark blue, gold, silver, black, white and red. Just for the hell of it, I grouped passing cars by color while sitting at a long stop light the other day. All but one car fell into those buckets out of like forty cars.

Now if only every asshole on the planet would take advantage of all the nice colors car manufacturers offer these days and stop buying beige, dark blue, gold, silver, black, white and red. Just for the hell of it, I grouped passing cars by color while sitting at a long stop light the other day. All but one car fell into those buckets out of like forty cars.

Hopefully my next car will be orange. :)

Yep, I 100% agree. Right now, my two options for when I get a new Ford are a bright yellow Focus ST or a Mustang in that green (hopefully a GT).

A car has come up on another forum, it's dirt cheap (and road legal for a few months at least)... but the guy's genuine and he, in a roundabout way is kinda associated with Top Gear.
Now, I can't afford a proper Panda, so I initially thought fuck anything, because I can't afford a Panda, my first car needs to be amazing and not some POS Ford Ka etc.

So this car has come up.... fuck me, it's my kind of crazy. :mrgreen: Insurance isn't that bad and have I mentioned the "poweerrrrrrrr"?

Last edited:

Because that lime green is ugly as hell? Only cars that can pull of these kinds of colors are Lambos and some of the old school muscle everything else looks terrible and like you are trying too damn hard. Personally I agree with Henry Ford on this, any color as long as it's black. (Some exceptions like M3s look good in white).

Because that lime green is ugly as hell? Only cars that can pull of these kinds of colors are Lambos and some of the old school muscle everything else looks terrible and like you are trying too damn hard.

A certain Mustang owner here may disagree with you. :p

A car has come up on another forum, it's dirt cheap (and road legal for a few months at least)... but the guy's genuine and he, in a roundabout way is kinda associated with Top Gear.
Now, I can't afford a proper Panda, so I initially thought fuck anything, because I can't afford a Panda, my first car needs to be amazing and not some POS Ford Ka etc.

So this car has come up.... fuck me, it's my kind of crazy. :mrgreen: Insurance isn't that bad and have I mentioned the "poweerrrrrrrr"?

And it is a.....

And it is a.....

where's the fun in telling you that now? :p

it is a stupid first car, that will probably end in a fireball. But that's what's making me really interested in it. The downsides, it could use 2 tyres, a rear wheel bearing and because there's no service history, it could use a cambelt... Apart from that, its good to go. :lol:

I hate the patriot. Holy fuck that thing should not have been built the way it is. This thing spends most it's life on the highway and that's where it feels the most dangerous and unsafe. It can't even get out of it's own way. This has to be my service vehicle for another 2-3 years? damn... I can't believe this actually gets a good crash rating.

I also had a semi truck almost nail me changing lanes.... How do you miss a bright yellow jeep with it's headlights on?

I hate the patriot. Holy fuck that thing should not have been built the way it is. This thing spends most it's life on the highway and that's where it feels the most dangerous and unsafe. It can't even get out of it's own way. This has to be my service vehicle for another 2-3 years? damn... I can't believe this actually gets a good crash rating.

I also had a semi truck almost nail me changing lanes.... How do you miss a bright yellow jeep with it's headlights on?

I'll trade you your Patriot for my.... :p

Kidding, kidding. 70% of Final Gear would collectively swarm to my house if I ever seriously entertained such a thought...:p That, and I really like my car.

I do really want to drive one though, one of those "it CAN'T be that bad" kind of things....*checks age requirements for car rental*

Last edited:
I'll trade you your Patriot for my.... :p

Kidding, kidding. 70% of Final Gear would collectively swarm to my house if I ever seriously entertained such a thought...:p That, and I really like my car.

I do really want to drive one though, one of those "it CAN'T be that bad" kind of things....*checks age requirements for car rental*

Yes, it can be that bad.

Also, your car list seems to imply that the Taurus is RIP. You might want to fix that.

It's based on the Caliber. The Caliber is the most unpolishable turd that still disgraces the roads of the US. Therefore, yeah, no.

The more new Focus 5-door hatchbacks I see, the more I want one.