Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

My Jeep rolled over 10000kms today, and I bought it a present. but the present is presenting some problems. It doesn't fit properly. Now I can't drive to work tomorrow.

I saw a long wheelbase Rubicon (I think) on a dual carriageway here the other day. I can't imagine that it would ever roll over on normal roads, they're just so wide... too wide for our roads.

In other news I'm pleased to say that no puddles of oil have developed under the amphibious Discovery after the weekend oil and turbo change. Also from searching the internet I've found 2 possible causes for the noise it's making, either a worn out vacuum pump or a loose big end bearing shell.

I just realized I have never rode or driven a convertible... :(

Bearing shell is cheaper though. :p

They're only theories from what I have read online or seen in youtube videos and explain the new 'ticking' noise it has.

Badly failing vac pump:

This is a cracked bearing shell:

Mine:

Could be worse, the only convertible I've been in (ignoring soft top Land Rovers) is a 206CC and I was squashed in the back. :lol:

Last edited:
I, too, have been in the back of a 206CC. By 'in' I mean 'sitting sideways because I couldn't fit'.

Bingo. I was younger then but I did have to do some contorting to get in. I remember feeling like a dog with it's head sticking out of a hole in a box.

:lol:

Well, yeah, better not try that with my 6'2" and *ahem* "ample" physique.

I'm fed up with BMW's, especially old ones. I think it's because in my country only retarded rednecks drive them and think they're drift kings or something.

Welcome to www.mailredlineramiata.com - donations can be made using all major credit and debit cards or PayPal. Alternatively mail us your firstborn and be the first to receive exclusive pictures of a very happy Brazilian as soon as they become available.

No, we need to send him one of these:

whitemetrolsi.jpg

Most notable for having a maximum payload of 500lbs. Including passengers.

Welcome to www.mailredlineramiata.com - donations can be made using all major credit and debit cards or PayPal. Alternatively mail us your firstborn and be the first to receive exclusive pictures of a very happy Brazilian as soon as they become available.

:lol:

25k US Dollars are enough to buy a 1993 Miata. Let?s make it happen, people! :mrgreen:

No, we need to send him one of these:

whitemetrolsi.jpg

:lmao:

500lbs? I need to choose my passengers carefully! :p

I don't know enough fat people to overload it. :(

Although I have a better option...

ado67conv_01.jpg

For just ?480 (on top of purchase) you could have your Austin Allegro with far less roof... and structural rigidity, in a car where jacking it up in the wrong place makes the rear window pop out even with it's lid on...

I'm not sure if any survive, I recall one being on eBay years ago but have a vague recollection of news of it being written off when somebody drove into it while it was parked... Or I might have imagined it. :lol: