Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

exactly, if i had myself as a passenger, my car would technically be overweight ... :rolleyes:

Technically you hardly have a car :p

I'm fed up with BMW's, especially old ones. I think it's because in my country only retarded rednecks drive them and think they're drift kings or something.

True story.

No, we need to send him one of these:

whitemetrolsi.jpg

Most notable for having a maximum payload of 500lbs. Including passengers.
Oh gawd I remember those only too well. Mostly saw them as Pontiac Firefly models. The horror.

The horror.

I remember riding in the back of the first gen CLK. I had to put my feet up on the cushion as for the driver, who was as tall as me, had to have the seat pushed back all the way to fit normally.

Was yesterday Ferrari day here? Spotted a Testarossa, 360, 430 AND spent a good deal of my commute behind this thing...

Foto0035.jpg

That kids, is why convertibles should only be bought as roadsters.

I've only ever ridden in roadsters: NC Miata (roof up, sadly), R170 SLK200 Kompressor (top up and down) and R171 SLK280 (top up, winter in Bavaria :p ).

Also, [joke about Hitler and four seat convertibles].

Didn't get any of the wind-in-the-hair thrill?

PekeApooPekingesePoodleHybridDogPeekapooTinkerbellConvertible.jpg

The three times I've driven a 'vert, I LOVED it. I do notice one thing though: people who sit further back will notice more of a difference, because the top of the windshield and the open are above it are in your vertical peripheral view (if that's even a thing...). People who sit closer to the dash are more "tucked in" under the windshield, and it's really only like driving a car with a slightly larger sunroof.

A man does not belong in a convertible.....unless it's pink, a Cadillac and you are Clint Eastwood.

My air con has stopped working. Clutch engages and compressor turns, but it's not cold. Had it booked for annual service already, told them to check. I suspect a leak.
One new compressor and 9 700 kings heads later (?1200/$1400) my car is chilled again! Insurance is a good thing, because I only had to pay 2000 kings heads.

A man does not belong in a convertible.....unless it's pink, a Cadillac and you are Clint Eastwood.

that is wrong on so many levels...

(has driven a Mini One convertible and not ashamed to admit it. Not even a Cooper or an S!)

Or maybe:
index.jpg

Or even:
W020110923484862591923.jpg

While seemingly awesome, that would suck quite badly. There's tons of falling cinders and ash at some fires. You won't catch mt hanging out in an open-topped vehicle during a blaze.

But for parades? "Maximum Level Reached." :)