Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

While seemingly awesome, that would suck quite badly. There's tons of falling cinders and ash at some fires. You won't catch mt hanging out in an open-topped vehicle during a blaze.

But for parades? "Maximum Level Reached." :)

It's a convertible. Meaning it converts. Double awesome!

If you ignore the air suspension, what do you guys think of this wrapped Volvo?

7178376465_1e042c7471_o.jpg

At first I couldn't believe it was a wrap, I thought it was repainted. I have to say I much prefer this option than plastidipping your car.

At first I couldn't believe it was a wrap, I thought it was repainted. I have to say I much prefer this option than plastidipping your car.
A friend of mine has vinyl wrapped car, its actually pretty good if done properly

I'm still more of a fan of plasti-dip because it's cheap to do and you're not wasting much when you get bored and peel it off, but that does look like a paint job.

Horrible colour though...

About the converible stuff: I think it's more about the sensation than anything else, you don't get any other bonus points but it just feels a bit more special.

A man does not belong in a convertible.....unless it's pink, a Cadillac and you are Clint Eastwood.
An insecure man might make an outlandish statement like that and try to make up for said insecurities by importing a huge American truck into Europe. A real man can drive whatever the hell he wishes.

I'm fed up with BMW's, especially old ones. I think it's because in my country only retarded rednecks drive them and think they're drift kings or something.

Why do I have a sudden need to be Darth Sidious to this young Romanian Anakin?

murano crosscabriolet AWD. the ultimate man's convertable.

2011-nissan-murano-cross-cabriolet---04-opt.jpg

la10-2011-nissan-murano-crosscabriolet-img01_gallery_image_large.jpg

Look, even a guy is driving one:

nissan_murano_crosscabriolet_images_main1.jpg

That guy looks like such a tool in that thing... :lol:

An insecure man might make an outlandish statement like that and try to make up for said insecurities by importing a huge American truck into Europe. A real man can drive whatever the hell he wishes.
:+1:
We're all gearheads/petrolheads here. I would think we were all on-board with just our love for all things *car* and not give a damn what everyone else thinks, without worrying about the stereotypes.

(said *fully* sincerely, and not without a hint of bias despite clearly having a want for cocks' cars like an Audi TT or a BMW Z4 :mrgreen: )

My company fully wraps the service vehicles, after three years it starts to peel. Especially so on the lower panels. It costs close to the same to have a full wrap so why not do it the right way the first time?

So how much does it cost to do a full wrap like this? (I'm not thinking about doing it, I'm just curious)