Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Damn, you're a lucky man. Even so, you can't deny it's much more dangerous than driving a convertible car. Anyway, I think the sensation these two different vehicles give you isn't to be compared. Some prefer bike, some prefer cars, some prefer both.

Damn, you're a lucky man. Even so, you can't deny it's much more dangerous than driving a convertible car. Anyway, I think the sensation these two different vehicles give you isn't to be compared. Some prefer bike, some prefer cars, some prefer both.

I own both. The motorcycle wins.

I'm really partial to getting a cheap convertible at some point. Cheap; over here Miatas cost 3-5k and I'd like to operate below that level. So it'll be a shopping basket then :p

I'm really partial to getting a cheap convertible at some point. Cheap; over here Miatas cost 3-5k and I'd like to operate below that level. So it'll be a shopping basket then :p

My aim was to pick up an old Saab 900 convertible for the summer... I could probably only afford a Ford Capri convertible :(

I think rather stay "convertible virgin" if given a choice to ride in a Murano convertible. :lol:

My aim was to pick up an old Saab 900 convertible for the summer... I could probably only afford a Ford Capri convertible :(

Problem is, a 900 worth 900 eur is worth 9000 eur as a convertible in similar condition =P

Verts are a bit of a pain, I would never want one as an only/daily car (unless it was new and hard top convertible). You always worry about leaks with soft tops. I only take mine out on days that I can have the top down (doesn't help that its my slowest car by far as well).

I've daily driven my Spyder for the past two years in Boston, winters included, and it's been perfectly fine. Its top is vinyl (so more durable than cloth) and has a heated glass rear window so it's been designed to be a year-round car from the start. It's all in your choice of convertible rather than just a soft/hard top dichotomy.

Well, sometimes I like to enjoy myself without dying.

I've ridden for years, got into a crash on the freeway and I'm still alive and still riding.

If Romania is anything like Russia in terms of driving it wouldn't have been the case :p

Yep. In most of Eastern Europe motorcycle=death. There is a multitude of factors - poor road conditions, everyone thinking that 100+ mph is totally safe (even in town sometimes), poor maintenance and general idiocy when it comes to road safety and the value of human life.

It's ALMOST like Russia. Still very bad, not quite that bad. Pretty much what HighVoltage said. The retarded mentality of everyone on the road is by default known by others; 100mph in town is something to be proud about and the higher you rev the better you are!

OH :censored: SUCKING, MOTHER :censored: :censored: :censored: PIECE OF :censored:!

...the junkyard alternator I bought a little while back for my car packed up and died on my way home from work.

:censored:

Oh well, you get what you paid for.

Problem here is that my new Focus hasn't arrived yet. Last I heard it was on the ramp being loaded onto the truck for delivery, and that was a little under two weeks ago. I'm just gonna go and buy a new alternator so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

As a side note, though it's part of the reason I'm just going to flat-out buy a new alternator, there's been a change in plans. Originally I was going to sell the Cavalier to help pay for the Focus. However my dad would like to keep the Cavalier for my mom to use for who knows how long, so it pretty much NEEDS to be in working order. On the plus side, we only need it to hold itself together until my brother gets another car (won't be for a while, though). Then the plan will be to give mom my brother's Datsun and finally get rid of that gutless POS GM called a "car". :glare:

OH :censored: SUCKING, MOTHER :censored: :censored: :censored: PIECE OF :censored:!

...the junkyard alternator I bought a little while back for my car packed up and died on my way home from work.

:censored:

Oh well, you get what you paid for.

Problem here is that my new Focus hasn't arrived yet. Last I heard it was on the ramp being loaded onto the truck for delivery, and that was a little under two weeks ago. I'm just gonna go and buy a new alternator so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

As a side note, though it's part of the reason I'm just going to flat-out buy a new alternator, there's been a change in plans. Originally I was going to sell the Cavalier to help pay for the Focus. However my dad would like to keep the Cavalier for my mom to use for who knows how long, so it pretty much NEEDS to be in working order. On the plus side, we only need it to hold itself together until my brother gets another car (won't be for a while, though). Then the plan will be to give mom my brother's Datsun and finally get rid of that gutless POS GM called a "car". :glare:

FYI, the cheap Vatozone 1 year alternator for that car is only $99 - but you should call the dealer and double check as to where your Focus is first. It should be there now or soon.

...but you should call the dealer and double check as to where your Focus is first. It should be there now or soon.

That's the thing. I've been exchanging emails and phone calls with the dealership and all they know is that the truck is in transit, but don't know exactly where it is. :glare:

I probably should have specified it. Last Tuesday was the last DETAILED update on the car. Since then it's just been "in transit".

"OK, but where? Ohio? Indiana? Already in Pennsy? Got lost and it's in Kansas? ...or is it still in Michigan?"

I doubt they get deliveries on Saturdays, but I'll call them in the morning to see if they've at least figured out where the truck is...

Last edited: