Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Today I seen a Yugo. I told the guy filling it up, "I thought all of those rusted away".

He looks at me and says, "Not all of them. I own four in working condition."

All I could think is why?

Isn't that The Spie's car? :)

Oh, fuck you, you...so what's worse of the diametrical opposites that you are or have been, cock or lesbian?

Today I seen a Yugo. I told the guy filling it up, "I thought all of those rusted away".

He looks at me and says, "Not all of them. I own four in working condition."

All I could think is why?

'Working' is a transient condition for a Yugo. You need multiple redundant backups. :p

Started working on the 2003 Malibu tonight. Engine has about 90 degrees of movement before something makes it stop completely. I have yet to determine what that is.

I also have remembered why I don't own any GM vehicles. What exactly do they give their engineers to make them design such unserviceable vehicles?

Started working on the 2003 Malibu tonight. Engine has about 90 degrees of movement before something makes it stop completely. I have yet to determine what that is.

I also have remembered why I don't own any GM vehicles. What exactly do they give their engineers to make them design such unserviceable vehicles?

As my dad would say, it's a 1-time-use disposable vehicle.

Beancounterium. Instead of servicing it, you are supposed to buy a new one.

This is why I can't stand front wheel drive vehicles.

I have found the culprit.

uploadfromtaptalk1372126720752.jpg

Which led to this.

uploadfromtaptalk1372126764183.jpg

So the valve spring gives up the ghost, drops the intake valve into the cylinder and, wham bam, valve pur?e.

So, when a valve is broken like that, can the engine be saved?

So here I am about an hour ago driving home from class and it starts raining. And I get wet. With the top up. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And your piece of crap hockey team just shit the bed. Not a good day for you, son.

Holy shit, Craig. I hope something is salvageable. But with the intake going into the cylinder...oh, I feel for you.

So, when a valve is broken like that, can the engine be saved?

I'd say no. Luckily I have a friend with a salvage that I can get engines from for cheap.

Holy shit, Craig. I hope something is salvageable. But with the intake going into the cylinder...oh, I feel for you.

No biggie, I bought this Malibu for $200 knowing it had a bad engine. I'm going to install a salvage unit and put my mother-in-law in the car.

IMG_1808.JPG

This is what I hate about living in Richmond (though I saw this in Vancouver, it's more endemic of Richmond).
See that "N" sticker? For those not from here, it's required by law for "new drivers."
I saw the driver. She couldn't have been older than 20. Chinese. Clearly from Hong Kong or mainland China.
(as an aside, don't you just love that license plate? :rolleyes:)

Today I saw another 20 year old today of the same demographic with a Ferrari California.

As a Richmond resident, I also feel your pain. But if it wasn't for young, wealthy Chinese immigrants crashing their cars, I'd be out of my slightly above minimum wage job.

So here I am about an hour ago driving home from class and it starts raining. And I get wet. With the top up. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And your piece of crap hockey team just shit the bed. Not a good day for you, son.

kaaahn-o.gif

oh wait, I don't care about sports

View attachment 9964

This is what I hate about living in Richmond (though I saw this in Vancouver, it's more endemic of Richmond).
See that "N" sticker? For those not from here, it's required by law for "new drivers."
I saw the driver. She couldn't have been older than 20. Chinese. Clearly from Hong Kong or mainland China.
(as an aside, don't you just love that license plate? :rolleyes:)

Today I saw another 20 year old today of the same demographic with a Ferrari California.

Was she hot?

In other news, is it finally acceptable to buy a Kia?
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/kia/proceed/first-drives/kia-proceed-gt-first-drive-review
A bunch of first drives have just come out today, all positive. I know its not a full blown hot hatch, but I always get a roaring clue over bang for your buck.

It has been fine to own a Kia for a couple of years now, Hyundai aswell.