Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Did a quick walk-around of this 2004 Taurus that has popped up for sale in local VW dealership. Insane price of 6900 ?, but being in a dealership, I think it is very much negotiable. Looked immaculate, no rust anywhere to be seen, interior looked perfect... I hate I don't really have use for something like this at the moment... :(

ford-taurus-6394411_b_33508991.jpg

http://www.nettiauto.com/en/ford/taurus/6394411

Aren't the autoboxes on those made of glass? (Read: fragile and tend to break)

Did a quick walk-around of this 2004 Taurus that has popped up for sale in local VW dealership. Insane price of 6900 ?, but being in a dealership, I think it is very much negotiable. Looked immaculate, no rust anywhere to be seen, interior looked perfect... I hate I don't really have use for something like this at the moment... :(

ford-taurus-6394411_b_33508991.jpg

http://www.nettiauto.com/en/ford/taurus/6394411

7000 euros? *does spit-take*

Aren't the autoboxes on those made of glass? (Read: fragile and tend to break)

That's the last revision of it and it did have bug fixes but it still had problems all the way to the end of the run. It's maybe a 3000 dollar car in my neck of the woods and that's if everything is perfect.

I think the real resale here value is around 5000 ?. Not too many examples here so the knowing the values are a bit hazy.

Last year I bought a Focus from that same dealership to my sister, and managed to get ~30 % off the window price, so I think the final price could be a lot lower than what they ask. There is not a lot of market for a US Ford in here, so they probably just want it gone taking their space.

Who even brought that thing there in the first place is what I'm wondering... A Taurus isn't really what the "american crowd" would import...

Who even brought that thing there in the first place is what I'm wondering... A Taurus isn't really what the "american crowd" would import...
Most likely someone who was working in the US bought and daily-drove it in the States and brought it back with them when moving back to Finland. This way you can import them tax free.

that i3 is pondering about its maneuvers like an old lady.

Just saw a running, driving SAAB-Lancia 600. Must be one of the last ones alive.

I'm going to go with 'will likely disappear without a trace in the US because almost nobody is buying it.'

Yeah they are pretty desperate my co-worker was looking to trade his Benz for a minivan cuz he keeps having kids and Mazda is the only place that took his car. And he already had to have it serviced under warranty...

The driver should have paid for the upgrade to a i7 4770K instead of the base i3. At least an i5 4430 - something, anything but an i3.

:mrgreen: :p

What you did there.....I see it. :p

I just arrived in Utah for the Ford Octane Academy. I was supposed to rent a Fiesta or Soul for the 4 days I'm here but the clerk asked I would like a Mustang GT for an extra $5.00 a day...

Is he familiar with the concept of contraception?

Different women lol, so the current wanted a kid and he has a few from the previous lol

- - - Updated - - -

I just arrived in Utah for the Ford Octane Academy. I was supposed to rent a Fiesta or Soul for the 4 days I'm here but the clerk asked I would like a Mustang GT for an extra $5.00 a day...

Gee let me think about it...

The driver should have paid for the upgrade to a i7 4770K instead of the base i3. At least an i5 4430 - something, anything but an i3.

:mrgreen: :p

I was wondering if you had a stroke at first... :lol: