Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That would be sweet!

Damn...and they are covering insurance, and also parking and tolls become reimbursable expenses.

I think it's become a no-brainer...no matter what car they give me.

It will have some sort of company branding, though...but I'm Ok with that.

NecroJoe: Company whore

Last edited:
And he likes it! lol

It's all good. A decent company car is a good thing.

Not too sure about that, I rode a quad on vacation in Greece and that thing would max out at about 30kph, sure there is more resistance from 4 wheels but 25-30 mph vmax doesn't sound that far fetched.
A honda monkey would hit about 50kmh with 2hp. And my old Tiger would also hit 45 - 50 with 1,5hp. The monkey would do more if you fiddle around with it.

In the end my Tiger would do a whole lot more. But it was far from the stock pu h engine it came with. ;)

Last edited:
4955317027_1d6d506d75_b.jpg

Sort of want...

It's not quite a Challenger Hearse, but the direction's there.

A honda monkey would hit about 50kmh with 2hp. And my old Tiger would also hit 45 - 50 with 1,5hp. The monkey would do more if you fiddle around with it.

In the end my Tiger would do a whole lot more. But it was far from the stock pu h engine it came with. ;)

Honda monkey makes me think of a ricer dude lol.

Is that an Aussie creation?

Based on the weirdly named Chrysler Valiant Charger. Chrysler Australia also offered Valiant Pacers, Valiant Regals, Valiant Regal LeBarons and Valiant Drifters. :?

Based on the weirdly named Chrysler Valiant Charger. Chrysler Australia also offered Valiant Pacers, Valiant Regals, Valiant Regal LeBarons and Valiant Drifters. :?

Was it a rebadged 240sx (200sx for Aussie market)? :p

butt clenching moment.

[video=youtube;a05V-EcXVVM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a05V-EcXVVM[/video]

They are, indeed. o_O

Just got word that my employer is considering getting people EVs in lieu of a "travel allowance". I'm torn. They are looking at the Focus EV, Fiat 500EV and Nissan Leaf...none of which would get people from one office to the other and back again on a single charge.

I'm back with the same argument : Golf e not available there? 100+ miles range and charges from any socket.

On a completely unrelated note I want need a Skoda Superb Estate in my life. The value for money is already insane on a barebones one, and now they're giving you free satnav and sunroof to boot.

It also looks nice nowadays with the right wheels, and they even have some decent non boring (grey black or beige) colours
45776_2010_skoda_superb_estate_02-4b77aa0f0a178-mc:819x819.jpg

I'd totally rock one of those 2.0 TDI 4x4 DSG ones, but probably would just as much enjoy the basic 1.6 manual. I have no use for all of the space but still...
It's basically an Audi A6 with all the toys (since at Skoda everything is free), for Passat money.

How/why anyone would buy an Audi and pay double just for the sole purpose of being a badge snob (and putting more money into Audi's pocket) is beyond me. Same goes for the Seat Leon vs VW Golf : it's the same car, but better looking, for less monies.

Why isn't everyone in Superbs or Leons?

On a completely unrelated note I want need a Skoda Superb Estate in my life. The value for money is already insane on a barebones one, and now they're giving you free satnav and sunroof to boot.

It also looks nice nowadays with the right wheels, and they even have some decent non boring (grey black or beige) colours
45776_2010_skoda_superb_estate_02-4b77aa0f0a178-mc:819x819.jpg

I'd totally rock one of those 2.0 TDI 4x4 DSG ones, but probably would just as much enjoy the basic 1.6 manual. I have no use for all of the space but still...
It's basically an Audi A6 with all the toys (since at Skoda everything is free), for Passat money.

How/why anyone would buy an Audi and pay double just for the sole purpose of being a badge snob (and putting more money into Audi's pocket) is beyond me. Same goes for the Seat Leon vs VW Golf : it's the same car, but better looking, for less monies.

Why isn't everyone in Superbs or Leons?

Some thoughts:

- The Superb is indeed spacious inside. Or as I like to say: the only reasonably priced euro car with a back seat made for actual humans. It's either a Superb or a LWB S class or something.
- You have a family, how on earth do you not "need" space? And how do you survive in that C1 is beyond me, seeing as parents around here need everything and the kitchen sink with them when they go for a day trip. The stash of diapers and baby wipes alone would probably fill an entire C1. :lol:
- The Superb has very little in common with any Audi bigger than the A3. It's a transverse FWD drivetrain with optional haldex AWD, just like on the Golfs and all the stablemates.
- That's a pre-facelift car. They gave it a facelift this year. I was never a fan of the frumpy nose on the original one.