Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Boo-urns I say!

3929901468_b01941352a.jpg

I want La cuccaracha playing when the door's open, or Snoop Dogg when the car's outta gas!

I wanna replace my horn with Ludacris's "move bitch"

Last night I was stuck on the freeway in some pretty bad traffic. Up ahead I saw that there was a Ford dealership. On a whim I called them to see if they had any 2015 Mustangs. They have one, so I stopped in.

Now I've loved the mustang for the past 10 years or so every since the first version of this new style came out. But this 2015 is on a whole nother level.

I get why some people think it probably just looks like a Ford fusion coupe from some of the photos. In person however this is not the case. In my own opinion, It looks like they somehow made a fairly convincing $30,000 Aston Martin coupe.

I didn't get to drive it but I got to start it up. It was a GT. Dat noise...

It's super frustrating though because I really really really can't have a coupe for my next car but I really really really love the looks and feel of this mustang so far. I can't wait to drive one (just for fun) when they get in a V-6 (that isn't pre-sold) in a week or two.

Last night I was stuck on the freeway in some pretty bad traffic. Up ahead I saw that there was a Ford dealership. On a whim I called them to see if they had any 2015 Mustangs. They have one, so I stopped in.

Now I've loved the mustang for the past 10 years or so every since the first version of this new style came out. But this 2015 is on a whole nother level.

I get why some people think it probably just looks like a Ford fusion coupe from some of the photos. In person however this is not the case. In my own opinion, It looks like they somehow made a fairly convincing $30,000 Aston Martin coupe.

I didn't get to drive it but I got to start it up. It was a GT. Dat noise...

It's super frustrating though because I really really really can't have a coupe for my next car but I really really really love the looks and feel of this mustang so far. I can't wait to drive one (just for fun) when they get in a V-6 (that isn't pre-sold) in a week or two.
Say it with me "I don't need anything bigger than a coupe"

But...I DO. I need to haul chairs, and lateral files, and large boxes. I need a hatchback or at minimum a lift-back coupe.

My employer still may be providing an electric Focus...but I would be single very quickly if I bought a car when I was given a free one. Ha!

But...I DO. I need to haul chairs, and lateral files, and large boxes. I need a hatchback or at minimum a lift-back coupe.

My employer still may be providing an electric Focus...but I would be single very quickly if I bought a car when I was given a free one. Ha!
Might be time for a new life partner then :p

Certain chimes are regulated by the federal government in the US

So the government is to BONG BONG BONG BONG blame for the DOOR AJAR stupid CHECK ENGINE warning messages and DONG DONG DONG warning chimes?

No, seriously...I can't be trusted. If it were up to me, I'd have blown through all of my savings long ago and wouldn't even be in the position of considering a car purchase. :)

WTF, there's a random topics page?

Isn't that what General Automotive is?

No, seriously...I can't be trusted. If it were up to me, I'd have blown through all of my savings long ago and wouldn't even be in the position of considering a car purchase. :)

As long as you blow all your money on cars I don't see a problem :p

I think this thread is breaking. We should probably start a new one.

I saw a red Kizashi today, such a good looking car. Too bad it was around too late to keep Suzuki alive in the US.

So the government is to BONG BONG BONG BONG blame for the DOOR AJAR stupid CHECK ENGINE warning messages and DONG DONG DONG warning chimes?

The chimes can sound different though per brand.

My Honda plays the infamous Hyundai 'doorbell" door/seatbelt chime" if I open the door with the headlights on and the ignition off, much to my delight/amusement. (I always liked that chime and figured it was a Hyundai only thing)

I also like VW's chime as well as Ford's "dur daa dur" chime.

Last edited:
I had some issues earlier, it was acting like one of Prizrak's replies didn't exist.

Thread works Puffalump.

ydirutbndzn2zeril4jc.jpg

I saw a red Kizashi today, such a good looking car. Too bad it was around too late to keep Suzuki alive in the USSuzuki USA is only interested in selling motorcycles and musical equipment and could not be bothered to sell cars.

FTFY. :mrgreen:

The chimes can sound different though per brand.

My Honda plays the infamous Hyundai 'doorbell" door/seatbelt chime" if I open the door with the headlights on and the ignition off, much to my delight/amusement. (I always liked that chime and figured it was a Hyundai only thing)

That is attributable to both of them buying from the same suppliers, as is common in the industry. My Series III had that horrible $0.02 piezo buzzer from GM. It was summarily murdered about 5 minutes after I got the car, as I do with all my Jags so afflicted. :p

Last edited:
FTFY. :mrgreen:

That is attributable to both of them buying from the same suppliers, as is common in the industry. My Series III had that horrible $0.02 piezo buzzer from GM. It was summarily murdered about 5 minutes after I got the car, as I do with all my Jags so afflicted. :p

20 minutes after I bought my Subaru, the chime was permanently disabled. Glorious, glorious silence.

Yeah :(

Oddly enough, there looks to be a Suzuki building near my house in a office park. Dunno if dealer, corporate satellite office or parts warehouse. Given the easy access to the highway, likely the latter!