Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Puts a new spin on the Trolley Problem.

6a00d8342025e153ef01538e3a45b7970b-600wi

I was on a 2+2 lane road tonight, on cruise control doing maybe 5 over (110 indicated) and slowly catching up to a silver W202 C class. When I started getting close he threw a glowing cigarette stub out the window. Thanks for that. I then changed lanes and figured I would overtake him slowly... there were no other cars anywhere anyway. When he noticed what I was doing, he started speeding up.

Oh yeah, the MB had a huge SCANIA sticker on the rear window.

Are you sure it was not a BMW?

Truck drivers are used to a wafty ride and disconnected steering feel. Of course it's a Mercedes.

But yeah, king of the road syndrome. Nothing unusual there.

Attachments

• 9007126320_6.jpg
    9007126320_6.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 28
I have noticed a new phenomenon recently. One type of car has come to stand out as being the ride of choice for tailgaters, aggressive lane changers and general speeding traffic weaving road raging arses.

Nope, you're wrong. It's this:
1024px-2007-2010_Hyundai_i30_%28FD%29_SX_hatchback_01.jpg

Because chassis flex is fun for everyone!

You can even hear the flex via creaking plastic panels moving. But, it's still a good car.

I have noticed a new phenomenon recently. One type of car has come to stand out as being the ride of choice for tailgaters, aggressive lane changers and general speeding traffic weaving road raging arses.
Round here, that would be the Dacia Duster.

So, jeepers won't start when it's below 10 degrees. Above, runs like crap until it warms up, but runs. Below, starts, dies, won't restart. Cranks and coughs but won't start.

Gotta be something to do with the management strategy during a cold start. CPS? Grounding? sigh. It's too cold to troubleshoot it.

So, jeepers won't start when it's below 10 degrees. Above, runs like crap until it warms up, but runs. Below, starts, dies, won't restart. Cranks and coughs but won't start.

Gotta be something to do with the management strategy during a cold start. CPS? Grounding? sigh. It's too cold to troubleshoot it.

Battery maybe?

Battery maybe?

Bought it new when I got the jeep like 4 months ago. It's a valuecraft.

Would that make it run like dog shit when cold, though? As soon as the thermo climbs off the very end it smooths out and runs fine. Before that, won't rev, backfires a little if you try to give it too much gas, no power, etc etc etc. Genuinely feels like the timing is off or it's only running on 5.

Last edited:

Dead spot in the coolant temperature sensor is likely.

Got it started this morning, sitting in it and holding revs a little higher than idle to see if it will warm up and run normal

Yup, same thing. Warmed it up, drove it around the block, all is well.

Last edited:
Once again I don't know if this should go into Carbage or Awesome

btQU7mh.jpg

af4ZOP8.jpg

lypqS80.jpg

rpIJzQk.jpg

hDuKuzs.jpg

Looks like it might have been a flower car from a funeral home.

Thanks! OK, back up. :) It's been down all morning for me, forwarding to an ISPs page. Just tried again, and it's working.

Thanks! OK, back up. :) It's been down all morning for me, forwarding to an ISPs page. Just tried again, and it's working.

When that happens change to Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and see if it works then, will tell you if your ISP's DNS is fucked.

Random one, this is pretty old but I still wanna know HOW?!
road-accident-result_600x0w.jpg

Random two, sad this time, my friend's wife crashed her 350Z, went to change lanes and hit some black ice spun out and crashed into the divider with front and rear. Car's likely totaled but at least she's OK and there are plenty of Z's around.