Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

nl_guts_hudsonhornet(1).jpg

I think this one was made to promo the movie?

So, which one is real?

From wiki
The original Fabulous Hudson Hornet can be found today, fully restored, at the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum in Ypsilanti, Michigan. This Hornet is also occasionally used in classic car racing.

I refuse to believe ANY part of Cars to be untrue. It's like the gospel in our house (and one of the reasons atleast 1/2 kids is already a complete car/racing nut like his old man)

There's also a few tributes among the Miata world, but theirs are fabulous in entirely different ways.

There were a bunch of Fabulous Hudson Hornets. Hudson raced them from 1951 to 1954. Marshall Teague drove the original one as a factory-sponsored racer and ended up winning all but one AAA-sanctioned stock car race in 1951.

ntyFlockRaleighMemorialDay1953-vi.jpg

8007590736_ce6fa44371_b.jpg

FabulousHudsonHornet_1951.jpg

By 1952, Hudson dominated the NASCAR Grand National Series, and nearly all of them were emblazoned with the words "Fabulous Hudson Hornet:"

Fabulous_Hudson_Hornet.jpg

FabulousHudsonHornets_800.jpg

carsatcapital_2500-700x466.jpg

Grp.-2-A.-The-Fabulous-Hudson-Hornet-driven-by-Thomas-Mittler..jpg

TG-1_AM04.jpg

fabulous-hudson-hornet.jpg

141spW0.jpg

Flathead six with "Twin H-Power" carbs produced 220 horsepower by 1953, and combined with "step down design" where the floorpan nestled below the frame for a low center of gravity, made for NASCAR domination. Hudson continued racing the Hornet until 1954, and stopped building the Hornet in 1957.

As for Doc Hudson's color, well, that's Hollywood movie magic for you. Problem with looking up this was, it mixes with the Cars stuff and gets pretty confusing.

Last edited:
How does this even happen? Saw this Corvette on my way home from work. 0/4 taillights working. At least the CHIMSL was working

Blown fuse, burnt out bulbs, or bad light switch. The third brake light works so the brake switch is functioning.

Did you at least tell them?

My guess would be crappy GM wiring. I've seen numerous GM cars of this era with lights that either do not work or a stuck on.

Could also be the Body Control Module crapping itself. Edit: Or the infamous multifunction switch.

Crz: By the way, if you ever have any influence in the Ford electronic design department? PLEASE for GODS SAKE, STOP using unrelayed headlights and the stupid multifunction switch. That's literally the worst things about Ford (and GM) electrics.

Last edited:
New dream garage. Manual trans, magneto ride Chevy SS and Ecoboost Ford Flex.

Sounds pretty good to me. I certainly wouldn't complain about an SS.

Holy crap, the TrueCar price for the car I'm looking for has gone up nearly $2000 in the past 2-3 months. It's a 2015...shouldn't the price go down as 2016s are on the horizon? Ugh.

Oh well. I was planning on paying cash, but it turns out that for the next few days I can save $1,250 if I finance because I'm a customer of a specific bank, and I can pay it off in 4 months with no penalty, and only accrued interest.

This brings the price of the car down to about $23,750 for a $27,000+ MSRP car, which is still a lower price than even the lowest TrueCar prices I received, and I'm getting a rear bumper guard, four door sil plates, and a cargo mat, and the first service included in my price...wasn't in the TrueCar price.

In short, I should have a NCD post tomorrow or Sunday.

Last edited:
I got fuck tons of the stuff in my eyes, and hair, and nose, and mouth, and ears.

I hate cars.

Always wear eye protection! Probably saved my vision when I was doing my Mustang exhaust.

As for hair. Its terrible. Washing it later, the shampoo suds turned black.