Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I heard that Maseratis of the Biturbo family are really, really popular in Japan.

But this is Icy J's car and it has been shot in Hong Kong. :p

I think Blake's mentioned his parents' astonishment at the cost of the unicorn piss they put into that unit when they got it serviced.

I'm not sure if they actually went ahead with it, but I assume they did. I'll have to call my parents back. They're usually good about following this sort of thing, especially if I badger them for it.

Isn't the forum score for running, road legal 944s still something like 0 for 5 or something like that?

That, incidentally, is the same score for running, reliable Miatas.

NO MERE MORTAL CAN HURT ME NOW.

A family friend known for driving wafty E-Class Benzes traded his W211 for a Qashqai some years back. Now, he traded in the Qashqai for a BRZ. I was pretty stunned.

Of course, it turned out to be an automatic one. But still!

This forum has some interesting bubbles of trends. At one point many people were getting XJ6s, then Saabs, then Miatas, then Mustangs, and now it's BMWs. What's next?

FIATs!
:lol:

To be honest, even I am done with FIAT. I'll leave Aston Martin the job of being the enthusiast.

This forum has some interesting bubbles of trends. At one point many people were getting XJ6s, then Saabs, then Miatas, then Mustangs, and now it's BMWs. What's next?

There were 2 XJs purchased really close together.

80s era diesel Mercs!

Despite spectre's objections, Altoid and I boh have current-gn Mazda 3s... :)

Screw Unimog. I need myself a Tatra 6x6.

Because I need a properly authentic War Rig.

Also, I need a CDL. And the DOT to look the other way.

Screw Unimog. I need myself a Tatra 6x6.

Because I need a properly authentic War Rig.

...and some guzzolene to go with it. :lol:

Well, the appropriate accessory fuel is diesel. Because snorty turbo diesel sfx. Set up those 8-71s on the intake piping before the turbo for triplecharging!

I think Blake mentioned his parents' astonishment at the cost of the unicorn piss they put into that unit when they got it serviced.

It isn't more expensive than most types of ATF around here. It's more than generic Dexron, of course. But nothing uses generic Dexron these days anyway.