Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I recently looked at towing capacities for Olds Custom Cruisers. They're the same as a dumb patriot. Years ago, my grandfather would tow his 19' speed boat with his olds wagon. I'm sure it wasn't far but still...

A co-worker of mine just got a 2005 Audi TT Roadster. Just took it out for a quick spin and felt the nostalgia. Then I remembered the trouble mine gave me and decided that no, I don't want to ever deal with that again.

My girlfriend needed to borrow my old car, which I currently have for sale. She calls me after getting to her meeting location, and parking in San Francisco, saying that my brakes feel a little weird. I didn't think anything of it because she only ever drove my car, like, 3 times in the whole 7 years I had it and she always has odd reactions to things. (for examples, anything new "smells weird." If I cook something and she comes home, "It smells weird in here", etc).

She calls me again after getting in the car after her meeting because the pedal hit the floor, and there's a huge puddle of (what we assume is) brake fluid under the car.

*sigh*

Couldn't have waited until I sold the damn thing? :lol:

The last time this happened to me, it was in my '87 Oldsmobile. A pressurized line has ruptured, and it sprayed brake fluid all over the side of my car in the wind. With nothing handy nearby to wash off the fluid, the whole side of the car was covered in tiny rusty pin-dots.

Last edited:
It needs to stop raining... I haven't driven my car for 3 days and I'm getting itchy to take it out for a nice sundown cruise. It's supposed to rain through Monday :-(

Why can't you drive it in the rain?

I mean, I can and I do. I'm just not going to go drive for the sake of enjoying a drive in the rain.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

It needs to stop raining... I haven't driven my car for 3 days and I'm getting itchy to take it out for a nice sundown cruise. It's supposed to rain through Monday :-(

Maybe, I doubt it. Saturday seems to look the best.

Supposed to do Autocross on Sunday morning :|

Plus it's a miata autoX course. My car is already a little out of sorts on that small of an autox course. That plus rain should be... interesting.

I mean, I can and I do. I'm just not going to go drive for the sake of enjoying a drive in the rain.

The rain forces non drivers to stay inside and it clears the road for others. And if you time it just right, the rain will stop before you get to the fun bits.

The rain forces non drivers to stay inside and it clears the road for others.

Annoyingly, it doesn't work like that here in Pennsylvania. People don't run for cover when it rains here, they just turn into useless idiots (not that most are any good at driving to begin with, but still).

Being forced to share the road with a mass mob of incompetency is the only thing I hate about driving in the rain.

Annoyingly, it doesn't work like that here in Pennsylvania. People don't run for cover when it rains here, they just turn into useless idiots (not that most are any good at driving to begin with, but still).

Being forced to share the road with a mass mob of incompetency is the only thing I hate about driving in the rain.
Can confirm. Spritzing rain? Quick, Everybody drop to a snail's pace!

If it's raining I'll actually not bother driving sometimes until it stops. People annoy me that much.

Around here people either are un-phased or they speed up.

Rain : everyone speeds up, drives on your ass, swerves. Result : accidents and major traffic jams. And it rains 200 days a year so, it's not like it's a rare event

Looking at these laptimes at the Sachsenring one has to wonder if all these hybrid complexities in sportcars make that much sense...

dwoxog.jpg