Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

The year end clearance stuff usually only runs from late August to January or February, then you have to wait again or pay the regular prices.

That should be fine. My BRZ would likely be my summer daily anyway so as long as i can buy before the next winter.

I'm having second car cravings.

Weird because:

I'm only one guy

I'm only allowed one parking space

Money...or (at least i believe) lack thereof for 2nd car expenses.

Still, a 2nd car...perhaps skewed in the luxurious direction would be cool, 1st gen TSX for example...so clean looking. :wub:

No, no, we know what you would buy.

mitsubishi-mirage-17.jpg

No no, the Tiida is the first gen Versa down here, just now heavily decontented. We also get the amorfously shaped current generation Versa like you guys get.
Sucks that your 1st gen Versa/Tiida is so decontented, it introduced 'Merica to the idea of a premium sub-compact.

Of course, we also did get a decontented 1st gen as a base price leader trim a few years into its lifecycle - the Versa 1.6. It got a smaller engine, a cheaper interior and black plastic exterior parts (door handles, mirrors, etc.) along with body color window frames.

No, no, we know what you would buy.

mitsubishi-mirage-17.jpg

Nope. Although the seat height is likely justttt right like many of the new age sub-compacts, the Mirage is not luxurious at all.

Besides, its purple. Pass.

Last edited:
Admit it, luxurious or not, you'd still buy one. The awfulness calls to you. :D

Last edited:
Welcome to the Joplin area, where everything has been crashed and screwed back together by meth heads.

Ah, now that's the Missouri I know and loathe from far too much time spent in St. Louis and Jefferson on contracts.

So, about that recommendation you gave gaasc on where to go.... :p

Ah, now that's the Missouri I know and loathe from far too much time spent in St. Louis and Jefferson on contracts.

So, about that recommendation you gave gaasc on where to go....
Eh, they are fairly harmless as long as they have meth. They are a much kinder version than what Florida and Oklahoma gets.

Eh, they are fairly harmless as long as they have meth. They are a much kinder version than what Florida and Oklahoma gets.

382.gif

gaasc's big American tour, it will happen.

Last edited:
Maybe PanPan brakes are terrible... Highly doubtful, but I just drove a new Transporter. The brakes make you go through the windscreen if you even look at the pedal.

Last edited:
Sucks that your 1st gen Versa/Tiida is so decontented, it introduced 'Merica to the idea of a premium sub-compact.

Of course, we also did get a decontented 1st gen as a base price leader trim a few years into its lifecycle - the Versa 1.6. It got a smaller engine, a cheaper interior and black plastic exterior parts (door handles, mirrors, etc.) along with body color window frames.
That's the only Tiida (Versa) we got. The 1.6 was the only engine. You were able to option up to nicer interior trims though.

Last edited:
No.

And you've hit the nail on one of the reasons why. Do you people also get this as a 2015 Renault Clio?

GAZ_4179aa2a8c2d4f75a8ad719ae35549c2.jpg

I do. :lol:

And the Sandero (great news!) and Logan as a Renault.

http://bringatrailer.com/2015/08/27/sweden-to-vladivostok-1971-one-owner-volvo-1800e/

This '71 P1800E is for sale... The owners apparently claim it was driven across Russia to Vladivostok and then shipped to California where it has been since then. I'm not sure I'm sold on that story (pix would be incredible and help a lot), but it is one pretty car anyway, I think.

00X0X_ckOAbjrig8k_600x4501.jpg

00I0I_ahXS26A801V_600x4501.jpg

00r0r_fcL6Ba93vEI_600x4501.jpg

Anyone ever hear about a car doing that or is this just suspicious?

00c0c_1GHCSrnUdoQ_600x450.jpg

I wil say though, that they are very honest about this corrosion so maybe they really are telling the truth about that supposed trip.